IT is here!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Een

IT is here!

Post by Een »

We are completely, absolutely, mystically thrilled today! IT is here, Terra Mystica, a game from Jens Drögemüller and Helge Ostertag published by Feuerland Spiele, is now available on Board Game Arena.

This game is one of the most acclaimed and recognised board games ever (currently ranked in 7th position on Board Game Geek), so it is really great to be able to make it available online for the international Board Game Arena community to enjoy!

In Terra Mystica, you'll lead one faction among 14 mythical races (giants, mermaids, witches, alchemists...) to try to claim and conquer the biggest possible chunk of the world! In order to do this, you'll have to transform the land into your favorite habitat so that you can establish yourself on it and erect buildings to form towns and spread over the land.

Terra Mystica is a deeply strategic game with very little luck and high interaction between players. Every choice is a tradeoff between what it brings you, what it takes from you, and how it will give some advantage to your opponents or hinder them. For example, upgrading a building is necessary to get to found towns, gain some favor tiles and extra revenue, but it will get the old building back on your faction board and so it will remove some other revenue from you! Building next to an opponent is good because upgrading a dwelling to a trading house will be cheaper, but doing so will also allow your neighbors to claim Power each time you build or upgrade near them. So really in Terra Mystica, every move has to be weighed down really carefully, and of course each faction is different with its own specific abilities making every game with a new faction a new challenge.

Terra Mystica is joining in the BGA Premium catalog. Like all other Premium games, you'll need a Premium account to create a new table for this game, and then you can play with whoever you want (Premium or not).

As the game is pretty complex, this has been a big project, and we would like to thank all the players that volunteered to help us test and make it better since two weeks. We recruited 960 players in the "Terra Mystica testing army" group in less than 24 hours, which was pretty awesome! Thanks a lot for your enthusiasm and all the quality feedback you provided!

We would also like to extend our warmest thanks to the publisher Feuerland Spiele who trusted us to create and release this adaptation online. Thanks for making it possible to have this great board game available here on BGA!

Have a lot of fun terraforming the world to your faction's best taste!

anton jan

Re: IT is here!

Post by anton jan »

I'm Dutch but was am also a native English speaker. I made a translation of the complete Terra Mystica intrduction text:

Wij zijn vandaag compleet, absoluut en mystiek opgewonden! HET is er, Terra Mystica, een spel van Jens Drögemüller and Helge Ostertag gepubliceerd door Feuerland Spiele, is nu beschikbaarop Borard Game Arena.
Dit spel is een van de meest geprezen en herkende bordspellen ooit (momenteel op plaats nummer 7 op Board Game Geek). Het is daarom echt geweldig om het online beschikbaar te maken voor spelplezier binnen de internationale Boardgame Arena gezelschap!
In Terra Mystica leid je een partij uit 14 mythische rassen (reuzen, meerminnen, heksen, alchemisten…) in een poging het grootst mogelijke deel van de wereld te veroveren! Om dit te kunnen bereiken, moet het land transformeren in jouw favoriete habitat zodat je jezelf er in kan vestigen en gebouwen kan oprichten om steden te maken, verspreid over het land.
Terra Mystica is een diep strategisch spel met een geringe geluksfactor en een grote interactie tussen spelers. Elke keuze is een afweging tussen wat het je oplevert, wat het je kost en welk voor- of nadeel het je tegenstanders zal opleveren. Bijvoorbeeld, het opwaarderen van een gebouw is noodzakelijk om een stad op te richten, gunstige tegels te verwerven en extra inkomsten te verkrijgen, maar het zal het oude gebouw ook terugbrengen op je partij bord en zal zodoende weer beslag leggen op jouw andere inkomsten! Bouwen naast een tegenstander is goed omdat het opwaarderen van een nederzetting tot een handelshuis goedkoper zal worden, maar tevens zal het je buren ook de mogelijkheid bieden Kracht te eisen elke keer dat je vlak bij hen bouwt of opwaardeert. Dis in Terra Mystica moet elke zet zorgvuldig afgewogen worden en uiteraard is elke partij verschillend, met zijn eigen specifieke vaardigheden, waardoor elk spel met een andere partij een nieuwe uitdaging vormt.
Terra Mystica voegt zich bij de BGA Premium Catalogus. Zoals alle andere Premium spellen, heb je een Premium lidmaatschap nodig een nieuwe tafel te openen voor dit spel en daarna kun je spelen met wie je maar wilt (Premium of niet).
Daar het spel behoorlijk complex is, is dit een groot project geweest en willen we alle spelers bedanken die zich bereid hebben gevonden ons te helpen met het testen en het, sinds 2 weken, verbeteren van het spel. We hebben binnen 24 uur 960 spelers gerekruteerd in de “Terra Mystica test leger” groep, hetgeen behoorlijk ontzagwekkend is!
Veel dank voor jullie enthousiasme en hoogwaardige terugkoppeling!
Wij willen ook graag onze bijzondere dank aanbieden aan de uitgever Feuerland Spiele, die ons de creatie en online uitgifte van deze versie toe vertrouwde. Dank voor het bieden van de mogelijkheid om dit prachtige spel beschikbaar te krijgen op BGA!
Veel plezier met het Terravormen van de wereld naar de beste smaak van jouw partij!

I hop you will use this text.
Anton Kamp (anton jan)
Amekins

Post by Amekins »

THANK YOU!!! this is my favorite game and I couldn't be more thrilled.
:cry:
Een

Post by Een »

Thanks Anton! Actually news translation can be improved collaboratively: you can directly change the translation by clicking the links above the news when reading it in Dutch.
fmoros

Post by fmoros »

Congratulations and thanks!
Bundyman

Re: TM is launched!

Post by Bundyman »

Das Spiel wird mich in den nächsten Tagen zum BGA Member machen! Danke das Ihr es hier erschaffen habt!
BlinkEpicenter

Post by BlinkEpicenter »

Sweet, I'm on my way to get this at home and now i can try it here.
Even got premium so i can start tables, and turn-based felt best cause i haven't 2 hours with my little baby needing attention.

Tho as a new player who only have some real-time RFTG games under my belt, i soon discoverd i am limited to 3 games.
It will increase.. but i feel that when someone gets premium, one could receive an increase of turn-based games to play?
2 to 4 additional, not much :)

Looking forward to be more active here on bga, you seem to have developed a very good system!
marginwalker

Post by marginwalker »

Well done! looking forward to seeing how it progresses with alternative tiles and passing/race bidding options. For now, having the base game is a lot of fun.

Will be visiting this site more often - especially now I've become a premium member. :P
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

BlinkEpicenter wrote:Tho as a new player who only have some real-time RFTG games under my belt, i soon discoverd i am limited to 3 games.
It will increase.. but i feel that when someone gets premium, one could receive an increase of turn-based games to play?
2 to 4 additional, not much :)
I don't know if I've heard this suggestion before, but it's not a bad one. I don't know how attractive it would be since that limit is going to be raised anyway once you have enough games, but still, not a bad idea.

If you'd like to add this, there's a thread (albeit getting a little old) that has suggestions for premium membership:
https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!forum/v ... it=premium
Waylander_TC

Post by Waylander_TC »

Awesome I love this game can't wait to play it!!!!

Return to “Official announcements [en]”