Solo

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Een

Solo

Post by Een »

We are happy today to introduce a new lightweight card game on Board Game Arena: Solo, a game from the Mau Mau shedding family of games family (Uno, Flaps, Crazy Eights, ...) published by AMIGO.

The goal of the game is to be the first player to empty your hand. You start with 8 cards, and on your turn, you must play a card of the same color or of the same number as the last card played (alternatively, you can also play a black action card). If you cannot or do not want to play, you must draw a card, that may be played immediately if it fits the play conditions.

To make things more spicy, there are some special action cards added to the mix. These cards allow players to:
* Make the next player miss their turn
* Reverse the order of play
* Make the next player draw two cards
* Name a new colour to change the colour play condition
* Name a new colour and make the next player picks up four cards!
* Choose another player and swap cards with him or her
* Exchange all player hands hands by moving them round one space in the play direction.

So you'll have to use your initial hand to the best and watch out for special effects triggered by other players: Solo is a fun and fast paced game which is a great way to spend some play time with 2 to 10 people.

We would like to thank the publisher AMIGO for their authorization to make Solo available online, and DrKarotte who developped this adaptation using BGA studio. DrKarotte previously developped Stir Fry Eighteen, so it's the second time that he gifts the BGA community with a fast and fun card game: thanks a lot!

tripeman

Re: Solo

Post by tripeman »

Hi. It is a very good game, I love it in real life too. But I have a problem with it. The last action in a round is almost invisible... too fast! Please try to slow down it, and all players will have the own view about the situation.

Thanks, and I hope my english is understandable.

Bye :)
padgg

Post by padgg »

This game like uno,what is difference between solo and uno
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

So Uno.
ccclone

Post by ccclone »

You ever heard of Crazy Eights? Sometimes games are called different things.
Silvermiikkaa

Post by Silvermiikkaa »

Seems like just another version of Uno
JediKreena

Post by JediKreena »

Fun version of Uno with a couple cards I haven't seen before, but why do we have to click "I'm ready" at the start of the round? It seems rather pointless.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

JediKreena wrote:Fun version of Uno with a couple cards I haven't seen before, but why do we have to click "I'm ready" at the start of the round? It seems rather pointless.
Because cards can be played out of turn.
JollyBird

Post by JollyBird »

N_Faker wrote:
JediKreena wrote:Fun version of Uno with a couple cards I haven't seen before, but why do we have to click "I'm ready" at the start of the round? It seems rather pointless.
Because cards can be played out of turn.
Yes, but why do we have to click "I'm ready" at the start of the game, even before the top card of the draw pile is turned over?
Marcus13

Post by Marcus13 »

Consider reducing the point totals to finish a game. 250 points for the 'short' game is anything but short. :D
Maybe 100 points for a short game?

Return to “Official announcements [en]”