Solo

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Re: Solo

Post by sourisdudesert »

Marcus13 wrote: Marcus13 » 19 March 2018, 19:16

Consider reducing the point totals to finish a game. 250 points for the 'short' game is anything but short.
Maybe 100 points for a short game?
We added a "very short - 4 rounds max" option.
stufon

Post by stufon »

Sounds kind of like dominos, should be fun
rlees

Post by rlees »

The very short game seems to be only 3 rounds instead of 4 as it always says round 2 on the first round?
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

rlees wrote:The very short game seems to be only 3 rounds instead of 4 as it always says round 2 on the first round?
This was a bug and has been fixed several hours ago.
Mamikr

Post by Mamikr »

thanks for this game :)
geoffmacknish

Post by geoffmacknish »

1. Solo is a ripoff of the commercially available Uno. You are probably breaching copyright.
Recommendation: Call it Uno snd pay the company the fee they are entitled to. Copyright and intellectual property should be respected.
2. Solo penalises people with slower internet connections. This game is meant to be a fast game with advantages for quick play. Every time you get down to one card, you automatically get another two cards, despite frantically tapping on “Solo”. Also, the option to catch another player on one card never appears because the interface and connection are too slow.
Recommendation: Remove the Interjection ability. Use a 3 second countdown timer to Automatically catch people out who haven’t tapped “Solo”. The timer should be based on the time difference on the player’s local device, not on a central server time, which penalises players with slower connections to the server.
3. Unless the unfair disadvantages from the slower interface connections are removed, there is no point in playing, because you can not possibly win. I shall not be playing this again, except for the occasional curiousity, until this is fixed.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

geoffmacknish wrote:1. Solo is a ripoff of the commercially available Uno. You are probably breaching copyright.
Sorry but we don't. Solo is a reimplentation of the public domain game "Crazy 8s", and is copyrighted by Amigo Spiele who give us an authorization to have this game here.
geoffmacknish wrote:Every time you get down to one card, you automatically get another two cards, despite frantically tapping on “Solo”.
This is because you have to press "Solo" BEFORE playing your last card. This is the best way to digitally render the real game "Solo" call.

By the way, with almost 1400 games played (!) since the launch, we'd like to thank everyone for making this game a success :)

And please remember that if you dislike this game you can try another ...
SandyBear

Post by SandyBear »

This game is a struggle. It takes a long time to finish.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

SandyBear wrote:This game is a struggle. It takes a long time to finish.
You should try the "4 rounds maximum" option. The game is ~20 mn with this option.
gnocchi donkey

Post by gnocchi donkey »

Marcus13 wrote:Consider reducing the point totals to finish a game. 250 points for the 'short' game is anything but short. :D
Maybe 100 points for a short game?
the longest 50 minutes in my life i will never get back...and noone chatted..on top get a jerkoff that swaps hands then lays the draw 4 on you for 20 cards first round because your the beginner..
This is definitely a game to play with friends wiht ..if you can get it to work..mic.. otherwise just boring and the person wiht the fastest internet gets to play immedialtey...i was getting lost. I did not see in the directions about the play exact card.

I ended up purposely grabbing the worse deck and only playing 1s and 2s so i could get the torture over :mrgreen:

Return to “Official announcements [en]”