April fools: We can guess for who you vote with board games!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
texascpa

Re: We can guess for who you vote with board games!

Post by texascpa »

Scattercat wrote:Cute gag, but please, this is my sanctuary for distraction and relaxing. I don't need That Orange Bastard's face on my home screen every time I click over. :-(
Or the Hildebeast.
lalalisa

Post by lalalisa »

You got me! I was getting quite cross until I realised :?
Madmaze

Post by Madmaze »

Wow, I did not realise it was April 1st until I read the comments. Masterfully executed joke!
GypsyRose

Post by GypsyRose »

Glad to see that some people still have a sense of humor that hasn't been set to auto-offensensitive. :P

Happy April Fool's Day.
Otithes

Post by Otithes »

Glad to see that some people still have a sense of humor that hasn't been set to auto-offensensitive.
Glad to see you got your little passive-aggressive comment in. This has nothing to do with having a sense of humor. It's about the fact that BGA doesn't allow politics on their site, among other things, like advertising and insults. According to BGA's own rules, this is supposed to be a friendly, welcoming place for everyone to play games, not a forum where we try to sell stuff to each other or insult each other or disagree about politics. You're not allowed to have an avatar with a political message, either. I believe that these rules, and their strict enforcement, are what makes BGA such a pleasant place for everyone. I'm tired of seeing politics and insults everywhere else on the net, and now I have to see this when I come here. It's not funny, it's divisive.
inamo

Post by inamo »

I hope it is a joke ...... I am against using such research and, above all, using me as an experimental rabbit, without my knowledge.
makross

Post by makross »

@inamo you signed a UELA when you joined this website.... they can do whatever......
donteatpoop

Post by donteatpoop »

Otithes wrote:
Glad to see that some people still have a sense of humor that hasn't been set to auto-offensensitive.
Glad to see you got your little passive-aggressive comment in. This has nothing to do with having a sense of humor. It's about the fact that BGA doesn't allow politics on their site, among other things, like advertising and insults. According to BGA's own rules, this is supposed to be a friendly, welcoming place for everyone to play games, not a forum where we try to sell stuff to each other or insult each other or disagree about politics. You're not allowed to have an avatar with a political message, either. I believe that these rules, and their strict enforcement, are what makes BGA such a pleasant place for everyone. I'm tired of seeing politics and insults everywhere else on the net, and now I have to see this when I come here. It's not funny, it's divisive.
Nothing about this is actually about politics though. In no way was a political viewpoint expressed. Unless you're just triggered by the image selected... Perhaps you sat on a meeple? I would check to see if something is stuck up there.
Otithes

Post by Otithes »

Nothing about this is actually about politics though.
Of course, an image of two former US presidential candidates couldn't possibly be political in nature. My bad.
battletoad

Post by battletoad »

Awful. Shaking my head at this temporary failure of decency. If the other comments are any indication, you should pull it down. No need to apologize. Just take it down.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”