Hypnosia

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Fluttershy

Re: Hypnosia

Post by Fluttershy »

Normally I would not criticize but why is it when this game is played 3 players the starting positions make it so 1 player starts under threat from another player.
I suggest that the starting positions be fixed so that for 3 players it's symmetrical so that each player starts an equal distance away from each other.
DrKarotte

Post by DrKarotte »

The game info page shows a non-edited logo file (showing instructions for creating the file), and the link at the "publisher" leads to the default adress "myPublishingCompany", a site which in fact really exists ;-)
A-dam

Post by A-dam »

Hi, sorry not to react earlier, I had some troubles with forum access.

Thanks for all suggestions! Some changes were already made - players are now equally spaced at the beginning.

Color scheme and better differentiation will take place next..

Didnt know about "myPublishingCompany" website :) The game is not available anywhere yet, so no publisher logo at all.. But will change it to blank to avoid confusion.
Otithes

Post by Otithes »

Cute little game :)

When selecting a stack to move, would it be possible to allow selection of a single vs. double pawn with a single vs. double click directly on the stack? The extra button click is a bit cumbersome.

Also, when moving my stacked pawns into the center I mistakenly assumed that I had to move one pawn at a time. This assumption ended up costing me the win, after my opponent moved his double stack into the center in one move. I'm not sure how complicated this would be to program, but I was thinking it would be good if 2 spaces in the middle were highlighted when a double stack is selected for moving into the center after rolling a 1. That way it would be obvious that a double stack can move to the center in one go.
A-dam

Post by A-dam »

Otithes wrote:Cute little game :)

When selecting a stack to move, would it be possible to allow selection of a single vs. double pawn with a single vs. double click directly on the stack? The extra button click is a bit cumbersome.

Also, when moving my stacked pawns into the center I mistakenly assumed that I had to move one pawn at a time. This assumption ended up costing me the win, after my opponent moved his double stack into the center in one move. I'm not sure how complicated this would be to program, but I was thinking it would be good if 2 spaces in the middle were highlighted when a double stack is selected for moving into the center after rolling a 1. That way it would be obvious that a double stack can move to the center in one go.
Double click can cause more damage than be useful.

Have you noticed of game variant which doesnt allow double pawn to cross bridge? Than you have to go to the center with single pawn only. But yes, the second highligth can be added..
hertelwulf

Post by hertelwulf »

Nice game. Where can it be bought? And I have a suggestion for the author, Joseph Renaud. Any possibility to contact him? I think it might make an interesting game even more interesting. And the idea is easy to fit in and gives the game a more strategic component.
A-dam

Post by A-dam »

hertelwulf wrote:Nice game. Where can it be bought? And I have a suggestion for the author, Joseph Renaud. Any possibility to contact him? I think it might make an interesting game even more interesting. And the idea is easy to fit in and gives the game a more strategic component.
It cannnot be bought yet, hopefully in the future. You can contact me istead of Reanaud, he is not that often online. Renaud has nick on BGA ufoseeker
Otithes

Post by Otithes »

A-dam wrote: Have you noticed of game variant which doesnt allow double pawn to cross bridge? Than you have to go to the center with single pawn only. But yes, the second highligth can be added..
Oh, I had not noticed that game variant, thank you for pointing that out. Thanks for considering adding that second highlight :)
JediKreena

Post by JediKreena »

[quote="A-dam"]Hi, sorry not to react earlier, I had some troubles with forum access.

Thanks for all suggestions! Some changes were already made - players are now equally spaced at the beginning.

Color scheme and better differentiation will take place next..

Thank you so much!! Much easier to see now.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”