P.I.

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Een

P.I.

Post by Een »

We have the great pleasure today to announce that P.I., a game from Martin Wallace published by Treefrog games is now available on Board Game Arena.

This is a really happy moment for us for at least three reasons:
* the first developer didn't get very far, and it took a long time before someone else picked up the project but... this new developer, Fabian Neumann (fa81) did a pretty awesome job of an adaptation;
* this is the first game on BGA in the deduction category and we always like to provide new types of games, so that everyone can find games they love to play;
* and we have so many epic memories of playing games from Martin Wallace on our game nights that it's a real pleasure for us to make one of his games available online here for the BGA community to enjoy!

In P.I., you'll compete with other players on solving your respective cases, using pure deduction. To solve your case, you'll need to find the location, the crime that was commited there, and the guilty suspect among all possibilities. On your turn, you can send one of your investigators to do field work and get clues about what happened at this location or nearby. You can also choose one of the nine visible evidence cards, and get an answer about the correctness of your guess: either dead on if the tile matches your case, or less conclusive if the tile is just situated near one of the tiles matching your case. Finally, if you think you got it all figured out, you can try to solve your case! If you are right, you score, and of course you score more points if you solved your case before other players. But if you got over yourself and missed, you'll get a points penalty, so keep a cool head! After three mini-games solving cases, the game is over. The player with the most points wins, and establishes his reputation throughout the country.

We would like to send our thanks to the designer Martin Wallace for his authorization to create an online adaptation of P.I., and to the developer Fabian Neumann (fa81) who did a remarkable adaptation using BGA studio!

Have fun tracking down criminals!

e1q3z9c7

Re: P.I.

Post by e1q3z9c7 »

Some issues about this game:
1. In translation system, there's no game's name translation.

2. There's no Game related forum of it.
CliveUK

Post by CliveUK »

Great work, Fabian, I am looking forward to getting a few games in today :)
Een

Post by Een »

e1q3z9c7 wrote: 1. In translation system, there's no game's name translation.
Fixed, thanks!
e1q3z9c7 wrote: 2. There's no Game related forum of it.
Ok, I'll look into this.
Hirakoba

Post by Hirakoba »

Already one of my favorite games, thank you for adding it to the site!
senatorhung

Post by senatorhung »

i would've credited Noir as the first deduction game on BGA .. but i'm hoping that this game has better balance than that one did ...

thanks for another new game to try !
Coyotek4

Post by Coyotek4 »

Woot! Me like deduction! :D
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

It's like Clue meets Mastermind meets Dell Logic Puzzles.

How come the name is small letters? "pi" looks like, well, 3.14. :mrgreen: It should be written as capitals and with the periods, P.I. This is the correct way (and matches the box).
Een

Post by Een »

senatorhung wrote:i would've credited Noir as the first deduction game on BGA .. but i'm hoping that this game has better balance than that one did ...

thanks for another new game to try !
The game feel is different in Noir with the shifting and actions, but yes, you are right it has a lot of deduction! Let's say P.I. is the first game on BGA in the "pure deduction" category then. I should be more careful about "firsts" now that we have close to 140 games online here :P
Zentor

Post by Zentor »

Would like to suggest a variant that makes it less random. Always have 3 of each type of clue. So 3 people, 3 location, and 3 crimes. So if a Person clue gets taken, it gets replaced with another Person clue. Same of the other 2.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”