French Tarot

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Een

French Tarot

Post by Een »

We are happy today to release a very popular classic card game: French Tarot.

Play it now!

This game is the most popular card game in France with Belote (already available on BGA). It is played with a Tarot card game (not to be confused with divinatory tarot) comprised of 78 cards: 21 numbered trump cards, 1 unnumbered trump card: the "Excuse" or "Fool" and 4 suits of 14 cards each.

After getting their hand of cards, the players will each in turn have the opportunity to bet on a contract. The player who makes the biggest bet becomes the taker for the round, and has to earn a certain amount of points matching the contract by taking as many tricks as possible. The other players play together to try to prevent the taker to win his/her contract (except with 5 players: the taker will call the King of a specific suit, and the player having that King in hand will be partnered with the taker).

A lot of the pleasure of the game is in evaluating your initial hand and taking some risks with the betting (the taker will get some extra unknown cards that can be powerful... or not), but you'll still need to play your hand carefully to match your bet even if it was reasonable to start with ;)

French Tarot
has been developed by Jean Portemer (Tchebychev) using BGA Studio. This is his second game adaptation on BGA after the excellent Innovation. Thanks a lot Jean!

Venshad

Re: French Tarot

Post by Venshad »

Hi!

I have a card game of my own design and would like to open it for people who want to play it. How can I do this?
Een

Post by Een »

Venshad wrote:Hi!

I have a card game of my own design and would like to open it for people who want to play it. How can I do this?
This is more a question for the developers forum. You can check out this for example: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12675#p42873
Ryek

Post by Ryek »

Hi,

Do you plan to add another versions of this game?

https://www.pagat.com/tarot/xx-hivas.html

I've played many times the Paskievics, Illustrated and High tarokk and I think they are more entertaining.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”