Briscola

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Lotus Blossom

Re: Briscola

Post by Lotus Blossom »

Would be nice to have an indicator of what the trump suit is as in the last move of a round, the open card is dealt.
yoyote

Post by yoyote »

Lotus Blossom wrote:Would be nice to have an indicator of what the trump suit is as in the last move of a round, the open card is dealt.
+1
Bradipo639

Post by Bradipo639 »

I like this, but in my opinion playing it online has an implied problem: in Briscola part of the fun is that you should try and remember all the cards played of the briscola's suit for that round, and possibly also the points already taken. Here you can easily scroll the recap of the game and find it out. Apart from this, I'm really liking it. Thank you from Italy
Bradipo639

Post by Bradipo639 »

Lotus Blossom wrote:Would be nice to have an indicator of what the trump suit is as in the last move of a round, the open card is dealt.
As in my previous message, normally in Briscola you should keep in mind all the cards of that suit already taken, and build your strategy upon that information.
DrKarotte

Post by DrKarotte »

Bradipo639 wrote:I like this, but in my opinion playing it online has an implied problem: in Briscola part of the fun is that you should try and remember all the cards played of the briscola's suit for that round, and possibly also the points already taken. Here you can easily scroll the recap of the game and find it out. Apart from this, I'm really liking it. Thank you from Italy
This is a general problem for many games. It would be possible to remove the information which card has been played from the log like it is done in Veggie garden, for example. On the other hand the log becomes quite useless than (always displaying "Player x plays a card"), and turn based playing becomes impossible. Nevertheless, playing a game like Briscola turn based is not a good idea in general, totally destroying the spirit of the game.

If I had do design a framework for online board gaming I would do the following: The log shows full details, but just for the moves which took place since my own last move. The full log becomes available after the game is finished. Replay is only possible for the moves displayed in the log (means: when game is active, just the last moves, when game is finished, full game). Jaipur has been designed in this way, as it seems. But this is not the general behaviour.

Apart from that it is still possible to make notes on a paper or using the note function (which invites to "cheat") for turn based games.
d_a_v_i_d

Post by d_a_v_i_d »

ENGLISH BELOW:

Yo a la brisca siempre he jugado en dos equipos.

Cada uno de los equipos tiene un lider, al que se le pasan señas: levantar las cejas :shock: (as de triunfo), guiñar un ojo ;) (tres de triunfo), torcer la boca :? (rey de triunfo), lanzar un beso :-* (caballo de triunfo), sacar la lengua :-P (sota de triunfo), inclinar la cabeza :arrow: (triunfo bajo), mover los dedos de la mano (tantos, es decir cuantos más puntos mejor). De manera que el líder sabe qué cartas tienen los de su equipo y, si pilla a los del otro equipo haciendo señas, también puede saber qué cartas tienen los contrarios. El lider va indicando a los demás jugadores, también mediante señas, qué es más conveniente que tiren en cada ronda y, como decían por ahí arriba, también va recordando qué cartas han salido ya de cara a planificar la estrategia.

Mis abuelos jugaban por equipos y además juntando dos o tres barajas y... mucha mucha gente.

ENGLISH:
I always played Briscola in two teams.

Each of the teams has a leader. You pass signs to the leader :raise their eyebrows :shock: (ace of triumph), wink an eye ;) (triumph three), twist the mouth :? (king of triumph), throw a kiss :-* (horse of triumph), take out the tongue :-P (jack of triumph), tilt the head :arrow: (low triumph), move the fingers of the hand (points, is say how many more points better). In this way, the leader knows which cards have their team mates, and those cards caught on signs from the other team. The leader indicates the best card to play to the other players from his/her team, also by signs. And, as indicated up there, leader also remembers what cards have come out in order to make the strategy.

My grandparents played by teams and also putting together two or three decks and ... many, many people.
lelebrian

Post by lelebrian »

Speriamo nella briscola chiamata molto presto.

We hope in Briscola Chiamata very soon.
janus

Post by janus »

Thank you very much!

Having Briscola is great, but if we ever could have the five player hidden-roles variant, Briscola Chiamata, that would be awesome!
Baby Woodrose

Post by Baby Woodrose »

Thx for this classic Italian game. I would suggest adding an option "speaking allowed"...as speaking during the game is a crucial part of Briscola (you could say it is a coop) it would be nice that all the players are aware of this...Italian players know this...internationals seem to think it is not even allowed....it is, that is why BGA left the chat enabled during the game I guess. I can respect players who prefer not to speak, but the game changes dramatically with the "coop" part being the best part of this game.
TheLawyer

Post by TheLawyer »

Diegoista wrote:Non sono un fanatico dei giochi di carte tradizionali.. ma vedere qui su BGA le carte napoletane.. che emozione! Uaaaà! :)
Ho fatto lo stesso pensiero! :-P

Return to “Official announcements [en]”