Changing your username

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Amanda17

Re: Changing your username

Post by Amanda17 »

Thank you for the work you do for this site. We appreciate it.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Ssimmons wrote: What length of time defines an inactive account?
> 1 year last seen + less than 4 games played.

It also means that an account with at least 4 games played will keep its username forever (which is a good thing :) )
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

I think this is going to give lousy players with low reputations to start over and wreak more havoc...
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Groucho wrote:
I think this is going to give lousy players with low reputations to start over and wreak more havoc...
To takeover a username you need to wait 1 year of inactivity and the inacative account must have played less than 4 games. So this cannot be use to "bring back to life" a lousy player account which has been closed yesterday with many games played.
SimonzSays

Post by SimonzSays »

sourisdudesert wrote:
Ssimmons wrote: What length of time defines an inactive account?
> 1 year last seen + less than 4 games played.

It also means that an account with at least 4 games played will keep its username forever (which is a good thing :) )
Darn, that's not the answer I was hoping for, but at least it gives me parameters to work with. Any chance it could be a tiered thing, like > 3 months and 4 or fewer games, > 6 months and < 10 games, > 12 months and < 30 games, etc?
AngiePanda

Post by AngiePanda »

and what about the bad side with all the harrassing people..will they be kept blocked or can they start up where they left over
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

AngiePanda wrote:
and what about the bad side with all the harrassing people..will they be kept blocked or can they start up where they left over
As explained before it does not chanfe anyting to our moderation policy.
Bradipo639

Post by Bradipo639 »

I personally do not intend to change it, but it would be nice if it was once per year (for a new one, not to re-use others' abandoned nicknames)
fedster

Post by fedster »

Who's the cute guy in the picture? ;)
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

sourisdudesert wrote:
Groucho wrote:
To takeover a username you need to wait 1 year of inactivity and the inacative account must have played less than 4 games. So this cannot be use to "bring back to life" a lousy player account which has been closed yesterday with many games played.
Groucho might have meant people taking over someone else's user name, not taking back over their own account to "continue."

However, this still isn't going to be an issue since everything comes with that player and is only a name change. (And only a one-shot deal.) If you look at all Sourisdudesert's responses, this has been addressed.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”