The Ruhr: A Story of Coal Trade (Ruhrschifffahrt 1769-1890)

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Een

The Ruhr: A Story of Coal Trade (Ruhrschifffahrt 1769-1890)

Post by Een »

Today, we have the pleasure to introduce an industrial era themed game: The Ruhr: A Story of Coal Trade (the new edition of Ruhrschifffahrt 1769-1890) from designer Thomas Spitzer, published by Capstone Games is now available on Board Game Arena.

Play it now!

History enthusiasts and expert eurogames fans, rejoice! With The Ruhr: A Story of Coal Trade, you'll get to live the start of the industrial revolution along the Ruhr river, at the time when coal became a crucial ressource and transport had to be organized to meet the growing demands of cities and factories. You'll transport coal downriver by barge, but unfortunately the Ruhr was filled with obstacles at the time that made it difficult to navigate, so you'll have to make the best of it, and build locks and warehouses to get your coal to its destination in the best possible condition to sell it at the highest possible value.

The Ruhr: A Story of Coal Trade is an expert, no luck type of game where every choice you make will be crucial. Money is pretty tight and you'll have to manage it carefully, take debts if needed, but be sure to be able to repay them before the end. We advise you to take some time to absorb the rules, make good note of the way extra points are awarded during the end of game scoring, and to refer to the rules or in-game tooltips to check the construction costs along the game (and to use the browser zoom if you need to see some part of the map better). This will allow you to better enjoy living this slice of history optimizing coal transportation in the 18th and 19th century!

For this game, we would like to thank the designer Thomas Spitzer (Brett_Schmitt) for his interest in bringing his game on BGA and implication in playtesting along the way, and the developer DrKarotte, who for his 4th game adaptation using BGA Studio brings to the community a really well implemented, complex and rewarding eurogame!

We are also really happy to say that this game is the 150th to be published on BGA. Wow! We would like to thank again all the publishers trusting us to showcase their games on the internet, and all the incredible developers passionate about games who volunteered their time and skills to implement so many great online game adaptations.

Cheers to all!
texascpa

Re: The Ruhr: A Story of Coal Trade (Ruhrschifffahrt 1769-1890)

Post by texascpa »

Heck Yes!!!! Awesome. Thank you.
Sirumi

Post by Sirumi »

120min playtime. holy moly.
nandblock

Post by nandblock »

That's really great news.... I don't know this game but look forward to trying it out, but I'm also pleased to hear Capstone Games is licensing adaptations at BGA, as that means that Arkwright and Three Kingdoms Redux might be possible one day.... I'll head over to the BGG thread and make an entry :)
travbot

Post by travbot »

Awesome! :o
Michielos

Post by Michielos »

Awesome!!!

I hope for Agricola, Castles of Burgundy or Codenames (english version) next :D

Love this site!
tontogamer

Post by tontogamer »

This is fantastic! I've played this game a couple of times and recently bought it, but it's tough to get on the table because of its theme (try selling this to your game group -- an economic game about transporting coal on the Rhine -- and because of its heavy rule set. I look forward to playing it on BGA!
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Erdnase29 wrote:Awesome!!!

I hope for Agricola, Castles of Burgundy or Codenames (english version) next :D

Love this site!
Please read:
https://boardgamearena.com/#!faq?anchor ... oyouchoose
jowiththebanjo

Post by jowiththebanjo »

game number 150 ?
shamusj909

Post by shamusj909 »

tontogamer wrote:This is fantastic! I've played this game a couple of times and recently bought it, but it's tough to get on the table because of its theme (try selling this to your game group -- an economic game about transporting coal on the Rhine -- and because of its heavy rule set. I look forward to playing it on BGA!
People don't mind a game of Brass though! I don't think it's the theme...

Return to “Official announcements [en]”