Volume control and new sounds

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Volume control and new sounds

Post by sourisdudesert »

We are proud to announce today an upgrade of Board Game Arena sound environment :)

For a gaming service, our sounds were a little outdated and amateur. In particular we were receiving a lot of remarks about the "it's your turn" sound ("too loud", "annoying", ...), and finally a lot of you were using the "mute" function for all sounds on BGA.

Thus, we decided to improve this, as sounds are really an important part of the gaming experience.

At first, some time ago we introduced a Volume Control slider. Now you can adjust the volume to the appropriate level, anytime.

Then, we changed most of the default sounds. In particular, we choose a shorter & softer "it's your turn" sound to make it less annoying. We also tried to make the default sounds ambiance more homogeneous to have something coherent on the whole website.

We also introduced new sounds for some important events like the end of a game or when you are running out of time.

Important: if you customized your sounds in the past, you may not hear the new sounds. To enjoy them, go to the bottom of the Preferences/Sound page and click on "Reset all sounds to defaults":

https://boardgamearena.com/#!preferences?section=sound

Finally, we multiplied by six the number of available sounds in the "Sound Preferences" page.

With the possibility to customize 100% of the sounds played on BGA + the volume control, you now have the possibility to create a fun and enjoyable sound environment matching your tastes for your games here.

Enjoy!

Note: for those who dislike the new sounds, you can set the preferences to the old ones by choosing the following: Door Bell / Plop 1 / Friction / Friction / Door Bell.
firexed

Re: Volume control and new sounds

Post by firexed »

There's also an ELO animation at the end of game. Any way to turn it off ?
JCase16

Post by JCase16 »

Thanks! I love this upgrade and I must've missed the volume control update. This is fantastic. Only thing that could make it better would be if any of my mobile browsers would play the dang sounds lol... My wife is on the same phone and hers plays them. it's odd lol. Thank you for these updates. I also love the new you won animation. it might get old eventually but heck it's only when I win right? So how often could that really occur ;)
Jillychickadee

Post by Jillychickadee »

Sweet! I was super excited about the volume control because I could not have the game sounds on while using voice chat since I have to turn my volume on high to hear the other player talking. I am excited to try out some new sounds. My dog really goes crazy with the doorbell sound, so that will be nice to get rid of. LOL!
Now, you guys need to add a bunch more color options to the color preferences. Also, if you post the color codes that you currently are using, then we could figure out how to change the color coding. Specifically wanting to change they yellow color coding.
Dallas Treado

Post by Dallas Treado »

Thank you for this! My family was always running to the door to open it when it was my turn! :)
timpiece

Post by timpiece »

Really enjoy the winning sound and elo gaining animation! :D
Tom DeMarco

Post by Tom DeMarco »

Oh. I never knew that there were sounds on the site. Maybe I'll check it out someday. But probably not.
travbot

Post by travbot »

I prefer the sound of music instead of sound effects so I'll keep the mute on. :)
Mysterion10

Post by Mysterion10 »

Really modern is, when you personalize the game.
Why not allowed , that everyone make their own sounds?
akela118

Post by akela118 »

Meglio prima

Return to “Official announcements [en]”