Coup

Board Game Arena Official announcements
CB Droege

Re: Coup

Post by CB Droege »

Not everyone plays turn-based because they want thinking time. I live across the world from my friends that I want to play games with. When I'm free, they are working. When they're free, I am sleeping. The only way to play with them is turn-based mode. The games that are real-time only, we will simply never play. Which is fine, I guess, your call, but thought I'd let you know: It's not always about 'reaction time'. Shutting down turn-based closes off the game to a portion of the potential audience for really no reason other than because you don't think the game should be played that way.
quietmint

Post by quietmint »

Yes, it means you'll never play this game online with those friends. Again, it totally breaks the spirit of the game (even if it's not your intent to do it for the extra thinking time). I will not build it. There's also so much back and forth within just one turn (should be: declare action > declare challenge current player > resolve challenge > declare block > declare challenge blocker > resolve challenge > resolve action) that this would be basically unusable. Let's have no further discussion of this.
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

quietmint wrote: Let's have no further discussion of this.
lol. yes, master.
Jesdebel

Coup notification of game end

Post by Jesdebel »

[*] Can we eliminate the notification on my wall regarding the end of game? I choose to watch, I know the game ended.. why does it notify me. I understand the need for a notification if I had chosen to leave the table.. but why give a choice if you’re going to tell me regardless?
quietmint

Re: Coup notification of game end

Post by quietmint »

Jesdebel wrote:[*] Can we eliminate the notification on my wall regarding the end of game? I choose to watch, I know the game ended.. why does it notify me. I understand the need for a notification if I had chosen to leave the table.. but why give a choice if you’re going to tell me regardless?
I agree. This notification is automatically created by the BGA platform after a player is eliminated in any game (not specific to Coup).

Please consider creating a bug report against the main BGA website itself for this change request at https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!bugs?game=0 and select "about the website in general, not related to a game".
Mr_Magic

Post by Mr_Magic »

quietmint wrote:Let's have no further discussion of this.
I'm going to discuss it secretly with my cat and you can't stop me! ;)
Arth3mis

Post by Arth3mis »

Melhor jogo! :o :D

Return to “Official announcements [en]”