The Builders: Antiquity

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

The Builders: Antiquity

Post by sourisdudesert »

After "The Builders: Middle Ages", we are happy to introduce "The Builders: Antiquity" from Fred Henry (Bombyx) on Board Game Arena :)

The Builders: Antiquity is an upgrade of the original game, with additional mechanisms. If you have never played The Builders: Middle Ages, we recommend you to start by learning this game first, and then to try the new one! :)

In addition to the original rules, you can now make an "investment action" that will help you erect buildings:
  • Purchase a slave: a slave is like any other worker, except that you don't have to pay wages when you use him/her. But it will cost you a victory point, that you can recover if you "free" your slave before the end of the game.
  • Buy a tool: once bought, you can match a tool to a worker to boost its capacities.
  • Take out a loan: a loan brings you 10 coins. Then you need to repay it for a cost of 15 coins before the end of the game or lose 2 victory points.
  • Educate a worker: you can upgrade a worker by placing a "transparent card" on it, and boost its capacities.
If you already know "The Builders: Middle-Age", you should definitely try this upgraded version of the game! The investments brings only a little more complexity for a lot of new possibilities and strategies!

This adaptation for The Builders: Antiquity has been developed by Vincent Toper using BGA Studio. This game is a Premium game: it means that you need to be a Premium member to create new tables for this game (then any player can join your tables).

BGA would like to thank the game designer Fred Henry and the game publisher Bombyx for making it possible to have this game online on BGA.

Enjoy!
sunnypsyop

Re: The Builders: Antiquity

Post by sunnypsyop »

Cool,this is a fun little game :D
Gandon

Post by Gandon »

Looks good. Will the rules be posted at some point?
senatorhung

Post by senatorhung »

Gandon wrote:Looks good. Will the rules be posted at some point?
i added links to the english and french rules from the publisher website to the game page.

also, not sure if a dev can check out this replay:

https://en.1.boardgamearena.com/thebuil ... er=4034279

i didn't get any option to repay the loan during the final scoring. it's only 1vp difference, but i thought i'd have one final chance to pay back the loan. i know in another game, i was able to free a prisoner after the game end was triggered.
Gandon

Post by Gandon »

Thanks senator!
vincentt

Post by vincentt »

Hi,
It was fixed on the release of the 1st of Feb :)
So normally it should work now :)

Vincent
wiciu

How do you know order of players

Post by wiciu »

Is it just me or rhere is no easy way to tell order of players.
It's critical knowing who can still make action after you reach end of game point target. Same issue as the other builders game
vincentt

Post by vincentt »

Hi,

Normally you have your player board, and then in the order of the turn the other players. Therefore, when you reach first player token (near amount of money), you have the end of the turn

Vincent

Return to “Official announcements [en]”