Bigger avatars

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Bigger avatars

Post by sourisdudesert »

You can now choose a (much) bigger avatar image for your BGA account :)

Okay, avatar images are not essential, but it's cool to be recognized by using a nice picture here on BGA.

Click here to update your avatar

Note: if you already had a custom avatar, your existing avatar is going to look "pixelated" until you update it, so we encourage you to do so :)
RicardoRix

Re: Bigger avatars

Post by RicardoRix »

Pickle Rick!

also quite liking the Christopher Lloyd picture. :)
Caffe Latte

Post by Caffe Latte »

Well done, BGA team! More fun, gamegasm and eyegasm.
Zalk

Post by Zalk »

It's cool, but why my original avatar now looks like a picture 16*16 pixels, even when it is small?
Liej

Post by Liej »

Thanks

But is it possible to put the option to show the premum logo on top off the page?

I keep scrolling down :(.
souly4

Post by souly4 »

Liej wrote:Thanks

But is it possible to put the option to show the premum logo on top off the page?

I keep scrolling down :(.
Agree...

At my first login today I was not too excited about this change which affects the look of the site quite a bit, but now after a little habituation I think I will soon like these round and optional bigger pictures more. But: in contrast I don't think I can befriend with the 'anonymous' avatars (the meeples on grey background). For my taste they are way too striking and draw attention that is supposed to belong to other infos at a table. Maybe for people like me the option 'old look of people with no avatar' would be desirable, or even better an option to customize these pictures on your own...
IzK666

Post by IzK666 »

The sandclock of the current player turn looks "pixelated". Should be replaced.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Loving this!
flight721

Post by flight721 »

I don't like this new change.

On this platform people come together to play boardgames. It is has chat functionality which is good. People need to communicate.

What is not good by my opinion is any encouragement on chat. Occasionally people start flirting with each other and the rest just has to wait for that to finish.

An online boardgame platform can never substitute the fun from additional non-game interaction between players of a live boardgame.

I enjoy seeing the Arena getting improvements from time to time, but this time I must disagree.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Liej wrote:But is it possible to put the option to show the premum logo on top off the page?
Will be fixed soon.

souly4 wrote:But: in contrast I don't think I can befriend with the 'anonymous' avatars (the meeples on grey background).
They are ugly by design, so you are incited to change it :)

flight721 wrote:What is not good by my opinion is any encouragement on chat
Sorry, but we didn't change anything to chat for now. We only changed the avatar size.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”