Clans of Caledonia

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Pipernation22

Re: Clans of Caledonia

Post by Pipernation22 »

I’m a premium member and put the settings at training but it’s still not letting me do a solo game.
Een

Post by Een »

Pipernation22 wrote: 21 August 2019, 20:56 I’m a premium member and put the settings at training but it’s still not letting me do a solo game.
Are you using the simple lobby? You need options 1 player + training mode + solo game.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

there is a specific option to select for 'solo' mode too.
Jannesdemannes

Post by Jannesdemannes »

Nice, keep up the good work :D
EllieK

Post by EllieK »

Great Game!

BGA has really been on fire, bringing good games to the platform recently. Keep up the good work.

A $2 membership is still one of the best values on the internet.
desertwister

Post by desertwister »

Thank you very much for this wonderful game that is now avaliable online!
It is really an enjoable game even if I think it would be also better with some little improvement.

After some game here after is my opinion.

The game is too slow.

In 4 players is playable only with the speed setting at the maximum level and even so some time is even slower than the real version.
I reccomend 3 players for a better game.

As technical improvement I suggest to make an automatic check to avoid the "decline bonus" query when you expand close to an enemy production but it is impossible to trade (i.e. when you have no merchant cube left). It could accelerate a little some times.

Furthermore I suggest to decrease somehow the time limit. Many games finish because player abandoned due to slow players.

Apart from this the game is really beautiful!
bhfred1

Post by bhfred1 »

jonjon84 wrote: 20 August 2019, 21:23
Een wrote: 20 August 2019, 20:09
jonjon84 wrote: 20 August 2019, 19:36 But I can’t try the solo game if it’s a premium game, right?
Correct. Also, solo mode is available only with training mode in order to have no impact on ELO.
I never understood why people complained about the premium games, but now I’m starting to understand... 3 premium games in a row and now one where I can’t even access all options. Hmmm....
Yep! They also stopped allowing playing on same IP address unless 1 player is a premium member. Yucata.de is free and you can play on same IP address.
eoc

Post by eoc »

Could someone please help me understand: how is the introduction of new content for another group of players (without changing anything you personally had access to before) a reason to complain about said change? Do people angrily walk up to game publishers and chastise them for having the audacity to ask money from folks interested in playing their games?

If some game isn't in your personal games collection for whatever reason, but now you would like to play it, you rely on other peers e.g. from your boardgaming groups to bring it along. Would you complain to them the same way?
bartoleo

Post by bartoleo »

Adding today Auction Variant to let people bid for being first player to choose clan.

From rules:

Clan Auction
(Recommended only for experienced Clan Chiefs!)
If the players play very competitively, they may want to auction the clans. If so, they apply the following auction mechanism:
Randomly draw as many Clan tiles as the number of players and allocate each Clan tile a random Starting tile. Randomly determine a player who bids any number of VP (or 0) to be able to choose a clan first. The player to their left can bid any higher amount of VP and so on until there is a winning bid that no player wants to outbid (30 VP is the highest possible bid). If a player does not want to bid higher, the respective player cannot bid again this auction round. The player with the winning bid writes down their bid as negative VPs on the Scoresheet, places their token on the first space of the Turn order track and takes the Clan tile along with the corresponding Starting tile. The player to their left bids for one of the remaining clans and so on until the second clan is chosen by the player with the winning bid, who then is second on the Turn order track etc. The last player without a clan is given the remaining Clan tile and Starting tile without losing any VP and is designated last in turn order.
bartoleo

Post by bartoleo »

Released now Auction variant

Return to “Official announcements [en]”