New lobby update (Sept 17th)

Board Game Arena Official announcements
malarchy

Re: New lobby update (Sept 17th)

Post by malarchy »

thank you so much for listening to feedback! I can now use both the best features of the old and new format. I really love being able to use the old all trending tables and now also to stop and highlight if i'm feeling a particular game. Thank you thank you thank you!
farfyy

Post by farfyy »

Tiny icons + blue box around open tables ( a feature i missed) = seal of approval :)

However it seems that you cannot collapse tiny icons ( compared to small medium or large icon filter) is it a bug ?

Also Will it be possible to have tiny icons for favorite and suggestion section too as these section eat too much space on the screen

Best
Serilo

Post by Serilo »

malarchy wrote: 23 September 2019, 16:08 thank you so much for listening to feedback! I can now use both the best features of the old and new format. I really love being able to use the old all trending tables and now also to stop and highlight if i'm feeling a particular game. Thank you thank you thank you!
Yes, well done! It's really good, and newbies don't have to put up with it if they don't want to(so many games tend to jump quite often) but it remains avaliable on request if you want to browse "the rest"
senatorhung

Post by senatorhung »

farfyy wrote: 23 September 2019, 23:28 Tiny icons + blue box around open tables ( a feature i missed) = seal of approval :)

However it seems that you cannot collapse tiny icons ( compared to small medium or large icon filter) is it a bug ?
just click on the tiny icon again to collapse.
jtburrup

Post by jtburrup »

I am very grateful for all the work you put in. I have been a fan for a very long time and have seen the evolution of the site. I'm sorry you had some aggressive people. Thank you again for all you do!
khoronus

Post by khoronus »

I love the new lobby!
It's so much easier to join real-time games now :D
Smurfje1980

Post by Smurfje1980 »

Since the updated lobby I found some unexpected behavior (while using my smartphone as device):

It happens when I play real time and When I select "play any of my favority games" or if I manually select more games to be waiting in parallel.
After one of the games is ready to start but get cancelled (by me or by another player) I return to the main screen where the buttons suggest that I'm still waiting for the other games that I selected at start (button "cancelled" is shown). But nothing happens, and if I click on "cancel" I get the error text that I was not waiting on any table of this game.

Hope you can reproduce this behavior and can change something to prevent error messages (I would expect all games to show "play now" button).
Valerio

Post by Valerio »

Hello everybody.

First of all, let me thank for the new lobby. I like it and I find that the automatic mode is an impressive addition. I often play 6 nimmt when I have some spare time and in this way I can find a complete table in much less time than before. In particular I like the way you can adjust the preferences for each aspect of the game (not only yes/no but several intermediate possibilities)

If I can give a suggestion, I would like the possibility to set the minimum reputation request for your opponents on a global basis and not only on a per-game basis (I prefer not to play with low reputation players, no matter the game I am play).

But anyway, even without that, I like it

All the best
Pinkmonkey

Post by Pinkmonkey »

I love it! And life is all about changing and trying new things and making things better...good job guys!
ClapClapClap

Post by ClapClapClap »

the 'mini display' of games is very convenient, great job!

Return to “Official announcements [en]”