New lobby update (Sept 17th)

Board Game Arena Official announcements
bpedit

Re: New lobby update (Sept 17th)

Post by bpedit » 17 September 2019, 18:13

Well done. Everything I need is there plus it's cleaner than the old lobby. Getting rid of the constantly up-dating list of active games not in one's favorites must save a bunch of bandwidth as well as reduce the bussiness.

Caninski_Jen

Post by Caninski_Jen » 17 September 2019, 18:17

I have to say I am surprised how well they listen to people suggestion and things people don't like.

Now I love the update and have no problem at all.

Really good job , you surprised me :)

agila13

Post by agila13 » 17 September 2019, 18:22

Thanks for the new updates! I hope you work on improving the phone version soon :)

ebrabel

Post by ebrabel » 17 September 2019, 18:48

Yeah change can be disorientating, but it'll feel like home in no time. To be honest, I didn't think there was anything glaringly wrong with the last lobby, but the fact you've put so much time and effort into improving it anyway strikes of your dedication and commitment to your users. THANK YOU!

RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix » 17 September 2019, 18:53

I use the 'show all tables' link and then the order of the create tables seems to always be by popularity, rather than by name as the icon list is displayed.

SpinMatt

Post by SpinMatt » 17 September 2019, 19:38

I love the new lobby. And the way you made it even better in the last couple of days is amazing. You all rock.

Caffe Latte

Post by Caffe Latte » 17 September 2019, 19:46

I also like the changes very much!

Evreka

Post by Evreka » 17 September 2019, 20:22

sourisdudesert wrote:
17 September 2019, 17:00
btrieve wrote:
17 September 2019, 16:46
With the new create table the maximum number of players defaults to the minimum number of players
Sorry but we didn't change that.

The only thing we changes is that on the "empty tables" (the ones you are clicking to create new tables), the minimum number of player is displayed (to save space). But it means nothing as when you create your own table, the default number of players at the table is the number of players in your LATEST game played (or by default: the maximum). It was the case before the new lobby and we didn't change that.
No, but you added a banner that flashes something along the lines of "this board has enough players to start now" when the minimum number of players have joined. At least the person who started the board sees that. I guess that throws people off, it certainly threw me off at first.

This is especially troublesome in Kingdomino, where you can start on 2-4 players but 3 players are not recommended (for good reasons, I think). So when the board takes two, that message flash, but you can't tell (as easily) when it's full.

I think it would be far more helpful if there was a counter at the top of the created game showing amount of people currently joined. That way the creator instantly sees when it's reached the level they prefer and can hit play now, then.

I use manual mode in case it matters for this look.

Just let me add that I really appreciate the changes made since it was first presented and though I find the show all games link really handy at times, I really love the way to see all boards of the same game grouped together when I so prefer.

sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert » 17 September 2019, 20:39

Evreka wrote:
17 September 2019, 20:22
I find the show all games link really handy at times
Now you should find a new permanent table icon on top right of the website. Using this icon you can access "Games in progress" from wherever you are.

Evreka wrote:
17 September 2019, 20:22
This is especially troublesome in Kingdomino, where you can start on 2-4 players but 3 players are not recommended (for good reasons, I think). So when the board takes two, that message flash, but you can't tell (as easily) when it's full.
I suggest in this case to set your table with a minimum players of 4. This way, your opponents will know that this is going to be a 4 players game, and the message "Your game is ready to start" won't popup until the game reach 4 players.

Wigbolt

Post by Wigbolt » 17 September 2019, 22:53

Yeah, naturally, the new lobby took some getting used to... Any sort of change does
But overall, my first impression is very positive.
Glad to see the numbers back to normal after a couple of days (and thank you for sharing them)

Though I personally had no issues with the new lobby, I noticed some other users did. Seeing you take their feedback serious and implementing adjustments accordingly so quickly earns you a lot of bonus points as far as I'm concerned.
Good job, team BGA!

Return to “Official announcements [en]”