Invite your friends (and get Premium for free!)

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Invite your friends (and get Premium for free!)

Post by sourisdudesert »

Although a lot of you are playing here with random opponents, there is nothing better than playing board games with friends :)

That's why we decided to make friends invitations way easier, and to reward you with a free Premium account when you invite your friends on BGA!

How does it work?

1. Go to the our sponsorship program page
2. Send your sponsorship link to your friends (or share it on a social network)
3. That's it! You get +5 gift points each time a friend finishes their first game, and +20 gift points each time a friend finishes their 5th game.

Then you can get 1 month free Premium membership for every 100 gift points :) :) :)

We also made inviting friends to play with you way easier

We totally redesigned the Play with friends section, and upgraded it with a lot of new features:
  • You can now add a friend in only 2 clicks: click on "Play with friends", then click on your friend's name, and you are ready to play with him/her.

• You can now play with a friend that is not registered on BGA (yet). Just send your friend the invitation link and he/she will be able to join your table, even if he/she has no account on BGA. In addition, if he/she decides to register after the game, you'll be their sponsor and get gift points! :)
  • You can now add a hotseat friend, namely a friend that is playing on the same device as you, from the "Play with friends" panel (this is a Premium feature).

With this new stuff, it has never been so easy to invite & play with friends on BGA :)

By the way, you may be able to convince them that the best Christmas gift ever for you would be a BGA Premium membership :) :) :)

Enjoy!
Diegoista

Re: Invite your friends (and get Premium for free!)

Post by Diegoista »

Bravissimi! :)
Armadeadn

Post by Armadeadn »

I've already invited all my friends to join the site and play. So no free premium for me :-(
donteatpoop

Post by donteatpoop »

Glad to have some friends from the real world on here.

I have at least 4 who have joined and friended me on here... But no premium account? How long until my account gets premium status? I'd love to get a carcassonne game going.
Een

Post by Een »

donteatpoop wrote: 21 November 2019, 02:57 Glad to have some friends from the real world on here.

I have at least 4 who have joined and friended me on here... But no premium account? How long until my account gets premium status? I'd love to get a carcassonne game going.
You can check on the sponsorship page if your friends have played some games and the gift points you earned: https://boardgamearena.com/sponsorship
Squachmo7

Post by Squachmo7 »

Armadeadn wrote: 17 November 2019, 03:52 I've already invited all my friends to join the site and play. So no free premium for me :-(
Yep, why am I paying the 24 bucks a year for premium when someone with a lot of online player friends can get free premium membership? This is bad for me because all my "Real-time" board game friends "don't play computer games." So I am screwed. But you can bet that when the time comes to renew my premium membership, I will remember this rip-off.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

Squachmo7 wrote: 04 December 2019, 15:29
Armadeadn wrote: 17 November 2019, 03:52 I've already invited all my friends to join the site and play. So no free premium for me :-(
Yep, why am I paying the 24 bucks a year for premium when someone with a lot of online player friends can get free premium membership? This is bad for me because all my "Real-time" board game friends "don't play computer games." So I am screwed. But you can bet that when the time comes to renew my premium membership, I will remember this rip-off.
c'mon man, isn't that a little harsh? They are just trying to increase their user base, which is hopefully good for us all. I'm sure your paid for premium membership is more than appreciated.
Squachmo7

Post by Squachmo7 »

Okay, sorry....I already decided since I posted that I will continue premium next year! :mrgreen:
Robo65

Post by Robo65 »

How does that work for members with existing premium account? I have premium until July. When I cash in 100 gift points now, will this extend my premium account by 1 month (or 30 days)?

Or will it start at once, making me a premium premium member for one month (perhaps with a little duncecap over my name :lol: )?

Robo
bhfred1

Post by bhfred1 »

Squachmo7 wrote: 04 December 2019, 15:29
I agree with you 100%, they are not getting my friends or my money!!!

Return to “Official announcements [en]”