Arena - Season Zero [BETA]

Board Game Arena Official announcements
The Waco Wonder

Re: Arena - Season Zero [BETA]

Post by The Waco Wonder »

1. I love the idea and really would enjoy this.

2. I have tried to join games multiple times and they don't really start, so I just go back to normal mode to play the games I enjoy.
3. I don't know how many people are waiting unless I alt/tab and I can always see 1. I have tried to join a game a 4-5 times and have never been successful. I use Chrome, so that could be my issue.
4. I don't think most of the people I play specific games with are aware of Arena mode. I had no idea what Arena mode was until I finally saw the update post. How to share that with everyone on the site who plays might be done better, as well as an offer to join Arena games more redialy once the bugs are worked out.
5. Adding the ability to join multiple tables "casual" mode, it would be nice to see if I can just join a game in there if I have been waiting a long time for a Arena game without cancelling my wait at the table.

I want to emphasize how much I think this is a fun idea.
The Waco Wonder

Post by The Waco Wonder »

I also would like to have the opportunity to quit a game if I have selected multiple games if they are close in time and I prefer one over the other.
PabloM

Post by PabloM »

I have to admit i was greatly surprised by the time specific update.
Wait time decreased significantly, specially for the games that are not so popular and wasnt able to play in arena normally.
I hope you get back to that mode
nccc

Post by nccc »

why can't I change the play condition after making the room? unlike the regular ones.
Wonderful Plays

Post by Wonderful Plays »

Why there are no timeslots anymore?
It worked like a charm!
Now i'm back to playing vs bronze.
Gunslinger99

Post by Gunslinger99 »

jaspingrobus wrote: 10 February 2020, 10:23 Why there are no timeslots anymore?
It worked like a charm!
Now i'm back to playing vs bronze.
+1
spedia2116

Post by spedia2116 »

Wait time decreased significantly, specially for the games that are not so popular and wasnt able to play in arena normally.
Wait time decreased even in often playable games on high levels. I tried 7 wonders in arena mode after reverting it back. I wasn't able to play as platinum non-premium user with restriction +/- level after 3 hours (!) waiting time. With slots there were no such problem. There were others, but timing was very good.
bluemutant

Post by bluemutant »

The set time arena mode led to really excellent matchmaking in my opinion. I was playing 7 wonders and was consistently matched up quickly with people within 20-30 points of my "ELO". Once the format reverted, I'm getting games with Bronze, Silver and Elite players that are 100-200 points below me.
The set times were excellent.
Edmund Bloxam

Post by Edmund Bloxam »

I would like to be able to visualise my relative position. I get that you can't schedule matches, but the Bronze/Silver etc. system does not allow me to see what I am doing. It is thus just another iteration of ELO.

I don't know how to resolve the issue of 'if you play more matches, you do better'. That seems inherent in the very system. But some kind of league table would be nice. And relegation. I have lost a bunch of matches in a row and I'm still gold. Doesn't seem the right way round.

So I'm not seeing the point of it so far, re. my first point. But it is a complex task and I don't have any solutions. And I admire trying out new things, so look forward to it in an evolved form.
tinway

Post by tinway »

the 'train comming' system was use but not efficient, and it came bad to the old system, that need to wait toooooo long for a game. then tHe game start without confirmation......but most of time i am not there already(wait toooooo long).....so i was kick out from table ,loss my ranking, elo and kama, really unfair, but it is just the bad design of system and no confirmation is a big problem

Return to “Official announcements [en]”