Arena - Season Zero [BETA]

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Quax

Re: Arena - Season Zero [BETA]

Post by Quax »

I just took my first Arena games, and I'm think I'll have much fun with it.

But I'm not a big fan of 1vs1-games and would like to see with a single glance the conditions of each possible game instead of check the rivet of each game.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

viermaaldomi wrote: 07 February 2020, 20:47 If you're going to keep it this way, at the very least a playoff system is required at the end of the season where the best 8 players or so play for the cup.
That's an idea for sure, even if not easy to organize (different time zones...).

What we want anyway is to improve the tournament system so that players who care about their opponents level can meet each other.
djkturkey

Post by djkturkey »

Fixed timing was such an improvement. The arena is unusable for all but the most popular games now.
senatorhung

Post by senatorhung »

just save the 'better matching' algorithms for turn.based arena games. the return to the previous arena system for live games is better than how the fixed schedule option worked.
Ponderous

Post by Ponderous »

Is chat still enabled in Arena mode?

i ask just because it is "competitive".
bluesky2020

Post by bluesky2020 »

I have played and enjoyed the new Arena format. However, I wonder if you could list the ratings of the players before the game starts. I say this because I would like to know the expertise and experience of my opponent before we begin. Otherwise I think the overall game format is fine.
xxerox

Post by xxerox »

How come almost everyone that complain have never posted anything on the forums but almost all who do not, have posted a lot on the forums. BIAS if you ask me.
winger

Post by winger »

Hello. At first I was not a fan of the 10-minute intervals, but then after a the first game I instantly loved it. What's the difference? I got to play vs top ranked opponents who were in my ballpark. I'm tired of getting dealt a bum hand vs some noob and losing a ton of points to them. Is there an option to open up a third table (simple game, arena game, and a 10-minute interval game)? The only bad part about this game is the amount of inexperienced players we are forced to play with.
cash1981

Post by cash1981 »

Glad you removed the fixed timer to join arena. It was not good.

It would have been better to be able to join a queue at least so that I didn't need to go to the arena page at around that time and wait. Anyways, now I think its better
lavic

Post by lavic »

OK, I really resent the random time mode. The fixed time intervals were so much better because I played interesting games against opponents on my level. I've tried filtering the level in the current system (i.e. only play with your own level or +/- 1), but have not gotten a single game in about 1.5 hrs yesterday between 11PM and midnight CET (usually reasonably busy) and in about 1hr today. I find it hard to believe not a single elite was playing during that time so I have to assume your matching algorithm is discriminating against those who dislike playing with -2 or -3 levels. Call me an a****le, but I really dislike getting 3 points on a boring game where the opponent thinks into oblivion, but loosing 36 when they get a lucky draw (and still take long). 1 in 10 does get a lucky draw that skill can't easily bridge... so I'm stuck with playing boring games in hope an interesting one comes along. Anyway, quite annoying and takes the fun out of the game - and, even worse, skill out of the competition because you win or loose based on how many bronzes you've played with. For example, during the fixed time trials when I had a chance to play against my own level, I rose from 40th to 4th place. I just won't play any more, as I resent sliding down on a 10:1 ratio where I risk 36 points to get 2 or 3.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”