BGA heartbeat: what's up doc?

Board Game Arena Official announcements
forcetwin

Re: BGA heartbeat: what's up doc?

Post by forcetwin »

Now more than ever I appreciate having this site - to game with friends, to get away from it all for a bit. Thanks for the work on it over the years and all extra work you're doing now to scale it up. Take care of yourselves and stay safe!
Joseph7887

Post by Joseph7887 »

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for the BGA folks doing the hard work of supporting this much needed site in this difficult time!!!
maibzh

Post by maibzh »

Great job on handling this new traffic. You guys rock!
NachoBG75

Post by NachoBG75 »

Gracias por vuestro trabajo. Realmente me quedaré para siempre aquí.
Me encanta!!❤️
DungeonD

Post by DungeonD »

Hi Managers

You should clone this site then you wouldnt have the user problems quick and easy to do. Your demand isnt going to diminish in the near future/

BGA2

Cheers

Martin
Leighs Mom

Post by Leighs Mom »

Thank you for all the extra work; you're doing a great service to the WORLD! :) :)
PaoloMon

Post by PaoloMon »

I second the suggestion of cloning the site.
Separate everything, server and database. The new server starts empty. Players have to register there again.
Create a parent site reporting the number of players inside each server and its capacity. People will decide where to go to play and load balance themselves.
It won't be a problem for people that want to play with friends: all of them will login into the same server.
Maybe it's a problem for players that want to play with anybody online because two smaller servers are worse than a big one. At least they can play instead of reloading the page and hope to get in.
PaoloMon

Post by PaoloMon »

One more thing: premium players on one server should be premium on the other one, not to pay twice. Check the email address. This means that the two servers are not 100% separated but it's only a one shot check at registration and at renewal time.
FaytheL

Post by FaytheL »

Yes indeed. Thanks to all concerned. I just joined and it is keeping me from going crazy. I just don't know most of these games. Thanks and keep up the good work!!!
Odem des Spiels

Post by Odem des Spiels »

Thank you for what you do Here. You re so strong working and working to geht this bga running better. Compliment! Glad to have you!

Return to “Official announcements [en]”