ARENA SEASON 1 : Let's go !

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sprockitz

Re: ARENA SEASON 1 : Let's go !

Post by sprockitz »

lizbeth5000 wrote: 30 April 2020, 03:12 Where Can I find a list of Games That are Set up to play in Areana mode? I'm noticing a lot of Games I pick to Play, I can't play in Areana.
all games are setup for arena mode (save solo or cooperative games), but you have to reach 100 Elo in order to play each game in arena mode.
dschingis27

Post by dschingis27 »

sprockitz wrote: 28 April 2020, 22:55 I'd echo the sentiment of keeping some anonymity during the games, specifically for 3+ player games in order to prevent meta gaming. People can use the ranks of other people to determine who to focus on beating.
I would not like Arena matches with anonymous opponents. It would make it very unpersonal and "cold". I'd say the "meta gaming" is part of the game. At least it resembles real-life tournaments and also most esports and videogaming that I am aware of do not carry out anonymous matches.

But all is subjective opinion of course. I can totally understand the frustration if you are the target in 3p+ games and of course anonymous matches would increase objectivity of rankings.
MORPHEUS84

Post by MORPHEUS84 »

Bonjour, je suis un joueur sur l'arène depuis peu, et je joue souvent à Dungeon Twister (DT), Carcassonne et Puerto Rico

Je remarque quelque chose qui est un peu frustrant, surtout pour DT.
Je suis classé Maître, et le fait de jouer pas plus de 2 parties à la fois, font que je tombe très souvent contre les mêmes adversaires.

Il faudrait je pense limiter que cela se produise si on a moins de X parties lancées.
Un exemple, si je lance 5 parties à la suite, je risque de tomber 5 fois contre le même, et c'est pas super ! :cry:
Il faudrait qu'on interdise de retomber sur le même tant qu'on a pas plus de X parties contre des adversaires différents ( exemple 5 )

Je sais pas si je suis le seul que ça contrarie, mais fallait que je le dise pour voir s'il y a moyen de faire quelque chose.

Merci !
lizbeth5000

Post by lizbeth5000 »

sprockitz wrote: 30 April 2020, 03:24
lizbeth5000 wrote: 30 April 2020, 03:12 Where Can I find a list of Games That are Set up to play in Areana mode? I'm noticing a lot of Games I pick to Play, I can't play in Areana.
all games are setup for arena mode (save solo or cooperative games), but you have to reach 100 Elo in order to play each game in arena mode.
Thank you!
Schachus

Post by Schachus »

How can I see how many leagues there are for a particular game?
aesche

Post by aesche »

Schachus wrote: 04 May 2020, 10:05 How can I see how many leagues there are for a particular game?
If you go to games, and click on the name of the game you want to know this, scroll down on that page, then you see the leaderboard, and can extend the view. If I got it right, there always is bronze and elite. Bronze - Silver - Gold - Platinum - Diamond - Elite. If there arent all leagues, they are missing from the top behind Elite. So if a game has 3 leagues, it has Bronze, Silver and Elite.
lavic

Post by lavic »

This makes NO SENSE. How are people who are by BGA judged to be 11:1 odds playing in the same league??? Just played R4G in the elite league, won 3 points then against the same player lost 36 (by one VP, terrible hand). If you REALLY expect 11:1 odds, we should NOT be playing in the same league. This sucks and is highly demoralizing because matching determines the overall winner - those more frequently matched with better players will be better.
Magicalyn

Post by Magicalyn »

Can a Karma requirement be added for participation in Arena mode?
Definitely does not need to be 100% but with the automatic start, and not seeing the people in the lobby, it's annoying to have all points invalidated because someone with 13% Karma joined the game and disconnected halfway through.
Chauff

Post by Chauff »

You can add a filter in arena mode by clicking the little wheel and "advanced options". You can filter by speed too.

The annoying part is that you have to do this game by game, but it seems to work well.
sestra

Post by sestra »

There needs to be a better way to calculate how many arena points you lose. I just finished a game where I tied with a person on both matches and lost 19 points. I get losing 9 ELO points but what is with this huge margin between Arena and ELO? Losing so many arena points and it takes 7-8 wins to make up for those lost points where each match gets you single digit points with something as low as 2 and 3! This isn't fun anymore.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”