ARENA SEASON 1 : Let's go !

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sprockitz

Re: ARENA SEASON 1 : Let's go !

Post by sprockitz »

sourisdudesert wrote: 16 April 2020, 22:17
sprockitz wrote: 16 April 2020, 16:35 Not sure best place to report it, but some of the trophies for season 0 were never awarded and it appears you've already moved on to season 1.
Yes, we didn't award top 5 / top 10 / top 20 awards for games with less than 50 / 200 / 500 participants in the Arena.

However this should have worked for top 5 Clans of Caledonia.

We are investigating...
Thanks for the info. Is number of participants also the criteria used to determine the xp award? And while those cutoffs aren't unreasonable, I can see some value in loosening up on them a bit. Something like 30 / 100 / 200 keeps you in the top 5-10% range for people getting trophies (versus going as low as 2% if you finish with just under 500 people). Since lower rank trophies for smaller games give a lot less xp anyway it doesn't seem like a big deal in the grand scheme of things and may encourage more people to try those game.

Is it feasible to only list players who have played at least one game in the rankings, right now it is impossible to tell how many players have played games when the spots are filled with bronze 1's?
JMS_Siegs

Post by JMS_Siegs »

First off, thank you for arena mode - it's really fun.

My personal opinion on matchmaking is to let all matches happen; since these are open leagues (not restricted by point level) - whoever sits at your table sits at your table; if it's people who have red thumbed each other - too bad. I'd like to see the games seated faster. I'd also like to see a count of how many are waiting prior to sitting. I'm more likely to sit if I see how many are waiting to get a game going.
ImaDweeb

Post by ImaDweeb »

Why do I feel like I just volunteered for The Hunger Games?! :mrgreen:
wallaceprime

Post by wallaceprime »

It would be interesting to know how many competitors there have been for each game. I know there is a 'see more' button to successively see each further batch of 10 players on the leader board, but it gets *very* tedious to try to get to the end (I gave up after the top 9000 on Carcassonne!) .
Chauff

Post by Chauff »

It is even impossible to count by ourselves, because of relegated players : you cannot know if a gold 1 or silver 1 played this season, or was relegated and did not play. A count would be really useful :)

I really like this new system, my only fear is that it may be even harder to find arena tables for rare games. Maybe a push system could help ("3 players are wainting for The Boss, do you want to join ?", without seeing who these players are before answering of course).
Metternich57

Post by Metternich57 »

7 w for three!! :oops:
Carcassonne with cathedral !! :oops:
Mikhail-rus

Post by Mikhail-rus »

WTF with carcassone?
Faray

Post by Faray »

sourisdudesert wrote: 16 April 2020, 22:17
sprockitz wrote: 16 April 2020, 16:35 Not sure best place to report it, but some of the trophies for season 0 were never awarded and it appears you've already moved on to season 1.
Yes, we didn't award top 5 / top 10 / top 20 awards for games with less than 50 / 200 / 500 participants in the Arena.

However this should have worked for top 5 Clans of Caledonia.

We are investigating...
Yeah late to the party but I was wondering about this too. I think I should have gotten something, but I don't know what my exact position was when the season ended.
DerVerrückteMax

Post by DerVerrückteMax »

Would be nice if the other maps were also included in Terra Mystica in the Arena, ... not just the standard map.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Mikhail-rus wrote: 17 April 2020, 14:45 WTF with carcassone?
We created a specific post + poll on this subject. Please vote and continue discussion there:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=15063

Return to “Official announcements [en]”