ARENA SEASON 1 : Let's go !

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Raul4ever

Re: ARENA SEASON 1 : Let's go !

Post by Raul4ever »

sprockitz wrote: 17 April 2020, 03:07
Raul4ever wrote: 17 April 2020, 02:35 Arena needs a serious revamp in that I should be able to see the number of players waiting for a game. Without that info, I wouldn't know if someone is waiting to play a game or not. Without that info, its just wait and wait some more for a player to show up sometime
when you start waiting for a game it will tell you how many more players you are waiting for. So if you are joining a 4 player game and it gives you waiting for 1 more player then you know you are close to being able to start a game.
I know that but I would like to start a game where 3 players are already available rather than wait twenty minutes for three more to show up.
dcac1

Post by dcac1 »

I waited 25 minutes for arena match on Puerto rico. Result: no match played. I had not find a single opponent (current rank: bronze 1).

Maximum number of leagues per game: 4
Player x can face all players with high desire to face players that belong to player x league level.
That way, players do not suffer super long waiting time (more than 15 minutes) for a match.
Angelazzo

Post by Angelazzo »

Gain 8 shields in 4 wins and loses it in only 2 game it seems not so nice... My 2cents
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Angelazzo wrote: 23 April 2020, 11:17 Gain 8 shields in 4 wins and loses it in only 2 game it seems not so nice... My 2cents
See here for the arena points calculations:

viewtopic.php?t=15059
HaikuVdb

Post by HaikuVdb »

Maybe there's a logic I don't understand, but when I win Can't Stop with 3 rows while my opponent has 0 rows, I get 2 points closer to Gold. Next game I lose, having 1 row while my opponent had 3, and I lose 3 points? Or is it always +2 for win and -3 for loss, no matter how big the win or loss was?

Update: I've now read https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15059 so I know I got +2 points for the first game, because my opponent was playing the Bronze League. But why did I lose 3 points?
Mercury79

Post by Mercury79 »

How do you progress up the platinum rank? I've won 2 games in it so far and not progressed. Is it different than other ranks?

Thanks
sprockitz

Post by sprockitz »

I'd echo the sentiment of keeping some anonymity during the games, specifically for 3+ player games in order to prevent meta gaming. People can use the ranks of other people to determine who to focus on beating.
firexed

Post by firexed »

sprockitz wrote: 28 April 2020, 22:55 I'd echo the sentiment of keeping some anonymity during the games, specifically for 3+ player games in order to prevent meta gaming. People can use the ranks of other people to determine who to focus on beating.
To add on, players shouldn't be able to see the names of the other players in the same arena table we are queuing in, otherwise we could choose not to play with certain players.
lavic

Post by lavic »

I still think the Arena ELO points are waay to unbalanced. Differences between players within one league (e.g. Elite) are MUCH smaller than implied by points awarded. I can loose 36 points and gain only 4 (happened!) against a very decent player - no way anybody can beat them 10:1 in a reasonable number of games (cards stochasticity is really large, so you need to play MANY games against the same opponent for the slight edge to show itself). In the current setup, where cards mostly determine the outcome b/c players are quite close in ability, the rank is then dictated by how many low-ELO players you played against, not how good you are. Either reduce the spread of points that can play against each other, (e.g. that I can choose not to play against players that are 200 points or more away), or flatten the loss curve a bit, so that 400 difference in ELO (out of 1900) means win/loss of 20, not 35 or whatever it is now.
lizbeth5000

Post by lizbeth5000 »

Where Can I find a list of Games That are Set up to play in Areana mode? I'm noticing a lot of Games I pick to Play, I can't play in Areana.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”