POTION EXPLOSION: What could go wrong ?

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

POTION EXPLOSION: What could go wrong ?

Post by DrClick » 03 June 2020, 09:38

The time has come to take the Potions course final exam!
Here is Potion Explosion!

The rules have not changed a bit: take an Ingredient ball from the Distributor and watch the others fall.

If you connect balls of the same color, they explode ... and you can take them too!

Finish your Potions using the marbles you collect, and drink them to unleash their magical powers.

Why not try it now?
Click here!

However, remember that to win the Apprentice of the Year Award, being fast will not be enough: You will also need to prepare the most precious Potions!

A bit of Harry Potter's universe here, filled with a drop of fun : That's what Potion Explosion is made from ;)

Our thanks goes straight to Lorenzo Silva, Stefano Castelli and Andrea Crespi, and to the fantastic Horrrible Guild team for their authorization and help to make this game available! And all of this wouldn't be possible without our developer, apollo1001, who made it playable online and as enjoyable as possible.

Higitus Figitus Migitus Mum! Prestigitonium! Higitus Figitus Migitus Mum! Prestigitoni-UM!

Fratacchione

Re: POTION EXPLOSION: What could go wrong ?

Post by Fratacchione » 03 June 2020, 10:04

"Higitus Figitus Migitus Mum! Prestigitonium! Higitus Figitus Migitus Mum! Prestigitoni-UM!"

Nice "The Sword in the Stone" reference there :)

Smashbag

Post by Smashbag » 03 June 2020, 12:04

Excellent port of the game. The only thing I did not see is if you start with 6 out of 8 potions or all a potions are available to draw. More gameplay will help me answer question.
Amazing user experience. . Thank you for all your work in this game and bringing to BGA.

Bilbopd

Post by Bilbopd » 03 June 2020, 12:23

I love this game and I play regularly on the app developed for Android by Studio Clangore and Asmodee Digital. I was thus excited to see Potion explosion on BGA. Unfortunately, the version for BGA does not have the charme and the playability of the version for Android. Any chance to make it more similar to the latter?

apollo1001

Post by apollo1001 » 03 June 2020, 12:30

Smashbag wrote:
03 June 2020, 12:04
Excellent port of the game. The only thing I did not see is if you start with 6 out of 8 potions or all a potions are available to draw. More gameplay will help me answer question.
Amazing user experience. . Thank you for all your work in this game and bringing to BGA.
Thank you for the kind words.
To answer your question, the ‘simple game’ fixes the game to the first 6 potions (no lavamancing/stickiness) whereas the alternative gives a random selection of 6 out of the 8 currently available potions.

Elgringo12

Post by Elgringo12 » 03 June 2020, 13:34

Great News, thanks @apollo1001, can't wait to try it out today !

Poddster

Post by Poddster » 03 June 2020, 14:35

DocteurClick wrote:
03 June 2020, 09:38
Why not try it now?
Click here!
This link goes to a game panel, but there's no way to "try" the game from that page. Did the link mean to go somewhere else?

DrClick

Post by DrClick » 03 June 2020, 15:14

Poddster wrote:
03 June 2020, 14:35
DocteurClick wrote:
03 June 2020, 09:38
Why not try it now?
Click here!
This link goes to a game panel, but there's no way to "try" the game from that page. Did the link mean to go somewhere else?
Adding it to your favorites so you can find it in the lobby.

Mad Pete

Post by Mad Pete » 03 June 2020, 15:26

Very good game! I needed a few minutes to switch from the app to the board, but then it works well.
The time limit is to short, especially for beginners. We've been 4 players, all played it before and 3 of us are over the limit. :o
Not long, but I think a minute more for each player will help to solve that.
Thanks for this great game!

Santis

Post by Santis » 03 June 2020, 15:50

Mad Pete wrote:
03 June 2020, 15:26
Very good game! I needed a few minutes to switch from the app to the board, but then it works well.
The time limit is to short, especially for beginners. We've been 4 players, all played it before and 3 of us are over the limit. :o
Not long, but I think a minute more for each player will help to solve that.
Thanks for this great game!
You need to change the time when you set up a table. If you put fast its gonna be less minutes. If you play with friends you can always do "ni time limit" and just chill and play ha.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”