Crazy Farmers and the Clôtures Électriques available NOW sur BGA & Kickstarter !

Board Game Arena Official announcements
jogame

Re: Crazy Farmers and the Clôtures Électriques available NOW sur BGA & Kickstarter !

Post by jogame »

very nice short game as 3 players
abmoraz

Re: Crazy Farmers and the Clôtures Électriques available NOW sur BGA & Kickstarter !

Post by abmoraz »

Fun game. As someone else said, first thing I thought of was "Qix".

My game went well, but me and my opponent decided to mutually abandon it. In the 2-player game we got stuck in a "4-turn loop" stalemate where we just kept repeating the same moves over and over. Choosing any other action would've put the one of us that did that at a severe disadvantage. I think there needs to be some way for players to "reset back to home base" or "shuffle" to rectify these types of stalemates.
thinkb4coding

Post by thinkb4coding »

True, there is still a known little bug abandon fix a fix on the way. It happens when a player doesn't abandon during their turn.
However, this should not affect the result of the turn since the victory goes to other players.
Thank you for your report.
iQuentin

Post by iQuentin »

Mach3Racer wrote: 20 June 2020, 18:20 Hey, thanks for this, fun little game. I was actually reminded of the fantastic TwixT (3M) - a classic.

2 comments:

- much prefer the 2 player version (severe kingmaking in every other setup)
- what are the odds we can see a clean & clear board without all the noise. This would make a very neat abstract. The overloaded graphics and everything is actually headache inducing.

Very enjoyable though despite the 2 remarks.

Cheers,
M3R
Dear M3R,

It is a great honor for us to be compared to the great TwixT. I can now die in peace with a feeling of completion.
To answer your comments :

1. you are certainly a player of the strategic type, like me, so i can only agree to this remark. I personally prefer 2 players mode. BUT (because there is a but) you cannot imagine the number of people who do not think like us and prefer to play light, funny and wacky. Those will love 3-4 players mode, i’ve seen it so often! The magic surprise (because we actually didn’t calculated nor even expected it) of this game is to address both types of players.

2. You mean a board like the first one we made as young authors trying to convince editors with our first 2-players prototype ? (Go back far - but far - in our facebook authors page and you’ll probably find it). Well… be sure that if this edition is a great success, i will personally insist to have another one later, a clean&clear-2players version.

Are you not happy, mister?
Quentin, co-author.
iQuentin

Post by iQuentin »

abmoraz wrote: 21 June 2020, 00:51 Fun game. As someone else said, first thing I thought of was "Qix".

My game went well, but me and my opponent decided to mutually abandon it. In the 2-player game we got stuck in a "4-turn loop" stalemate where we just kept repeating the same moves over and over. Choosing any other action would've put the one of us that did that at a severe disadvantage. I think there needs to be some way for players to "reset back to home base" or "shuffle" to rectify these types of stalemates.
Hi abmoraz !

Yes, we are aware of that. Since the game in on BGA, a lot more games are played than never so this situation come more often (thank you for the report anyway, it helps us to prioritize things). The solution is simple. We will do it like in Chess, which suffers the same pbm as you probably know : if the same loop occurs 3 times, a draw game is declared. I like the effect of this rule because the dominant player will be naturally forced to play something else (or concede the draw) and the game goes on.
Unfortunately this rule is not so easy to code than to think, so we’ll do it but a bit later.

And Qix, YES YES YES, definitely ;-)

Quentin, co-author.
iQuentin

Post by iQuentin »

This little message to tell you how touched we are by the number of players who have adopted CF since its debut on BGA, and by the enthusiastic comments and suggestions!
But above all, me personally, what thrills me the most is that players are starting to beat me (and not just a little!) while i stayed so far the undisputed master and feared from miles away on the physical prototype version! So, I’m rediscovering the game, I have to think really hard to find the best moves as if I was in front of Kasparov in a TV chess final.
In short, it is an honor, a pleasure and even a deep emotion sometimes to play against you guys!
Thank you all !

Quentin, CF co-author
Yammino

Post by Yammino »

MI è bastata 1 sola partita per capire che questo gioco è davvero noioso. mi spiace

I only played 1 game, but it was enough for me to understand that this game is very boring
thinkb4coding

Post by thinkb4coding »

A lot of Stretch Goals have been unlocked in the Kickstarter campaign (ending 4th of July).
Crazy Bonus:
* Pitch Invasion
* Battering Ram
* Hay Fever
* Blockade
* Fertilizer
* Attack of the Moles

Extra card: Vroum Vroum Parasite
Extra Tiles: 6 outdoor concert tiles (Guerilla Poubelle, Ludvig von 88, Justin(e), Jodie Faster, Diego Pallavas, Charly Fiasco)
Extra *Super Nitro* tokens: 4 different wooden tractors, 1 wooden mad cow !
You can still support us and unlock more:
https://cutt.ly/KS_Crazy_Farmers
hasi6562

Post by hasi6562 »

Hallo zusammen,

eine deutsche ganze Anleitung mit Regeln, Punktevergabe wäre schön. So ist das Spiel für mich nicht spielbar da ich schon älter bin und weder englisch noch französisch spreche. Was auch dazu führt das man das Spiel wie alle anderen Spiele auf Kickstarter nicht unterstützt. Leider ist Deutsch keine gängige Sprache.

Danke

Return to “Official announcements [en]”