BGA TV: IT'S WEDNESDAY NIGHT LIVE!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

BGA TV: IT'S WEDNESDAY NIGHT LIVE!

Post by DrClick » 09 September 2020, 10:53

3 NEWS IN 1!

- First, It's time for us to go LIVE:

That's why we're launching Board Game Arena TV!

As you can see since a few weeks, we are trying to get things tied together to offer more entertainment on BGA. The goal is not to turn everything LIVE, but to offer some quality content for our members: from discovering new games to learning how to play, we want to offer a wide variety of content in different languages.

To see them is easy: if you've setup your languages in your account profile, you'll be able to see every LIVE streamings accordingly to these settings.
While we mainly focus on English for now, more Streamers will join soon to have you enjoy some nice events, from worldwide championships to "how to play" videos.

And what could be a better way to learn about new rules than having two incredible hosts:
Anthony Chatfield and Christopher Carbone!

They're called "Board Gamers Anonymous", and they're here to teach you some games.
Starting TONIGHT 8:30PM (EDT Time) or 2:30AM (CEST Time) will be aired the first episode of BGA LIVE!

The game will be MARCO POLO, and you will know everything about our hosts, as well as the game.

Being streamed on Twitch, Youtube and Facebook simultaneously, don't forget to come see them tonight and drop a few words of encouragement.
This show is the first on BGA, and we count on your feedback to improve the show.
It will be held from now on EVERY WEDNESDAY night, at the same time schedule, and visible on the front page.

You can find them on their own page: https://boardgamersanonymous.com/
As well as on our Twitch account: https://www.twitch.tv/boardgamearena

Also, expect to have more events coming, like the Carcassonne World Championship, the Kingdomino World Final events we had, and many other events.
It's only the beginning...

- Second, it's LUCKY NUMBERS Time!

Tiki Editions, the publisher of Lucky Numbers, is setting up a tournament with some prizes to win!
Do you want that game in your hands to be able to play around a real table with your relatives?

All the informations about this event are here: https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... =8&t=17373
The final will be streamed LIVE online with the game designer himself.

- Third, we are lucky...
Last night we had a small server issue, but everything is now back to normal.
But guess what? That's certainly because your weekly release is delayed to Friday.
That's a big update of a big game.
Greater than 6, lower than 8.
Yes.
That's why.

Let's enjoy these news altogether, thanks for your support, the best is yet to come... See you on Friday.

Neutje

Re: BGA TV: IT'S WEDNESDAY NIGHT LIVE!

Post by Neutje » 09 September 2020, 12:01

goed idee om bordspellen uit te leggen, speel er vele niet omdat ik ze niet snap.
:D

CelestialMonkey

Post by CelestialMonkey » 09 September 2020, 13:20

That new game update on Friday sounds “Wonderful.”

Stu_1977_SEmelb

Post by Stu_1977_SEmelb » 09 September 2020, 14:42

Pardon my ignorance, but what does that number range mean (greater than 6, lower than 8)?

Is that referring to the game's BGG ranking?

twenty9oh7

Post by twenty9oh7 » 09 September 2020, 14:47

I had quite the DUEL with the server last night, but I'm glad you got it back to normal. Looking forward to the Friday update!

euklid314

Post by euklid314 » 09 September 2020, 15:39

Stu_1977_SEmelb wrote:
09 September 2020, 14:42
Pardon my ignorance, but what does that number range mean (greater than 6, lower than 8)?

This seems to be a teaser which is announcing a new game. Since there are not many integer numbers between 6 and 8, I think I found out what will be coming. Same as other posters I do not want to give an even more detailled spoiler... :-)

Cheery Dog

Post by Cheery Dog » 09 September 2020, 16:02

I wonder if it's red.

Andrew thisisace

Post by Andrew thisisace » 09 September 2020, 19:57

And what could be a better way to learn about new rules than having two incredible hosts: Anthony Chatfield and Christopher Carbone!
They're called "Board Gamers Anonymous", and they're here to teach you some games.
Starting TONIGHT 8:30PM (EDT Time) or 2:30AM (CEST Time) will be aired the first episode of BGA LIVE!
Nice idea. Just a shame it's at such a dreadful time of day, for all of us in Europe - or indeed anyone not in N/S America. :( :roll:
(Why not compromise by starting at 5pm EDT, which is 10pm in the UK and 11pm in mainland Europe? :?: )

Andrew thisisace

Post by Andrew thisisace » 09 September 2020, 20:03

Cheery Dog wrote:
09 September 2020, 16:02
I wonder if it's red.
We've already got that one!

I wonder what it could be ... :D

Giordano Bruno 1974

Post by Giordano Bruno 1974 » 09 September 2020, 21:49

euklid314 wrote:
09 September 2020, 15:39
Stu_1977_SEmelb wrote:
09 September 2020, 14:42

This seems to be a teaser which is announcing a new game. Since there are not many integer numbers between 6 and 8, I think I found out what will be coming. Same as other posters I do not want to give an even more detailled spoiler... :-)
An update rather than a new game I presume.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”