MARCO? POLO... MARCO? POLO!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

MARCO? POLO... MARCO? POLO!

Post by DrClick »

It's not about a swimming-pool game, a space mission or an old theme-park:
It's about ADVENTURE!

The Venetian explorer Marco Polo is taking over Board Game Arena and his ship is coming with, not only 1, but 2 surprises!

The Voyages of Marco Polo is a 2015 Hans Im Glück release designed by Simone Luciani and Daniele Tascini.

It's not that short of a game, but it's not a really difficult one, and has a lot of depth and strategy.
Made for 2 to 4 travellers (we prefer 4), the games are lasting for 50 mins once you know the game.
We recommend you to try it first in turn-based ;)

How does it play? Easy.
Each player will play a different character with special powers, and they will recreate Marco Polo's journey through Mesopotamia and the "Silk Road".

Five main different actions are available:
- Get resources using dice
- Take resources of your choice and 2 camels
- Earn money
- Purchase orders
- Travel

After 5 rounds, the game ends with players receiving points for arriving in Beijing, fulfilling orders, cities reached, secret objectives, etc...

Being a dice-based game will not make your luck decide on whether or not you will win: you need strong strategies, and anticipation.
Winner of more than 15 awards around the globe, this game is a gem to play, and we are proud to bring it to you right now, on BGA.
Oh, and... It's FREE for all!

So why not give it a try right now?
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=marcopolo

Thanks to our developer Hersh, the game should play flawlessly on any devices. He did a wonderful job adapting this boardgame for BGA and all kudos are going to him for his hard work.

What are you looking for?
Oh, yeah, we told you there is more...

So you'll be glad to know that for the first time ever, we are also releasing at the same time:
MARCO POLO II : In the Service of the Khan!

But not too fast: first, this is not an update of the game : it's a whole new game, an epic follow-up of the first one.
Second, it's not fully released yet: it's available in BETA, so you'll find it in the BETA section of the game page (and thus, it's still a work in progress, but already fully playable).
It will be released officially in a few weeks, but you can try your hand at it right now:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=marcopolotwo

Please also note that this game is available as a PREMIUM game (only PREMIUM subscribers can create new tables, then everyone can join).

And now for something completely different, you'll be glad to know that the team is growing and we will have a nice announcement in a few days.

But I must not write half of what I saw, for I know I would not be believed...
Santis

Re: MARCO? POLO... MARCO? POLO!

Post by Santis »

YES! Long live Hershhh.
musedreads

Post by musedreads »

But Wait... We're not done yet. We've used our awesome prioratory technology to cobble out a time machine and have obtained, and will be releasing Maro Polo 3. Now with more robots, more pirates and more zombies.
Scott_wmu

Post by Scott_wmu »

musedreads wrote: 16 September 2020, 14:32 But Wait... We're not done yet. We've used our awesome prioratory technology to cobble out a time machine and have obtained, and will be releasing Maro Polo 3. Now with more robots, more pirates and more zombies.
Hahaha! Nice!
longtime_sunshine

Post by longtime_sunshine »

Awesome! Been wanting to try out MP II. Thanks for all the hard work.

I am wondering if there are any plans to implement The Agents of Venice and The New Characters expansions into the original Voyages of Marco Polo? I'm not really interested in playing the base game without them anymore...
DrClick

Post by DrClick »

musedreads wrote: 16 September 2020, 14:32 But Wait... We're not done yet. We've used our awesome prioratory technology to cobble out a time machine and have obtained, and will be releasing Maro Polo 3. Now with more robots, more pirates and more zombies.
Best.Comment.Ever.
But wait for it ;)
DavidBadalona

Post by DavidBadalona »

thanks thanks thanks
only one suggestion, in arena mode i think is really better 3 players games. More faster for find games and more faster for playing, what is your opinion about this?
ringersoll

Post by ringersoll »

But how many people have actually heard of Marco Polo Park?
I live in Daytona Beach, right down the road from the original (and long time gone) Marco Polo Park.
Pickle_Of_Doom

Post by Pickle_Of_Doom »

Just played MP2; great game, no bugs, had a blast. Thank you!!
DaniFernandes

Post by DaniFernandes »

Great news! I wish to play some day in BGA Castles of Burgundy!

Return to “Official announcements [en]”