LUXOR : Pyramid Jungle where dreams are made of.

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

LUXOR : Pyramid Jungle where dreams are made of.

Post by DrClick »

On the hunt for priceless treasures, groups of adventurers explore the legendary temple at Luxor. Their ultimate goal is the tomb of the pharaoh, but many treasures can be collected as they search. As they explore, the challenge unfolds: the player who manages to quickly get their team of adventurers to the tomb, while salvaging as many treasures as possible, will be the winner.

LUXOR is a great classic and a challenging game for 2 to 4 players that offers variable game play as the path that leads to the tomb is different for every game — and will even change during play!

In each round players take turns that consist of 3 actions:

1. Choose either the left or right most card to play to the discard pile.

According to the played card move, one adventurer moves that many tiles forward towards the tomb. An adventurer only moves from tile to tile, jumping over empty spaces and not counting them.

2. When the adventurer has completed his movement, he performs the action of that tile, if possible. Depending on the tile this can have various effects:

Treasure tile - If enough of a player's adventurers are placed on a tile, the player can collect that tile and earn points for it. Additionally he keeps the tile, trying to collect treasure sets consisting of the three different treasure kinds, vase, statue and necklace.

Horus tile - The player can either gain a key or a Horus Card. He will need the key to enter the tomb and the special Horus card offers unique and strong ways to move his adventurers once he plays that card.

Osiris tile - The tile acts as an catapult instantly moving the adventurer a certain amount of tiles forward.

Temple tile - On these tiles players get special bonuses, like scarabs that are worth victory points or joker tiles, which complete treasure sets. The most unique tile is the tunnel. If an adventurer lands on a tunnel he instantly gets teleported to the next tunnel in play, creating a shortcut through the temple.

3. After performing the action of the tile, players draw one card from the draw pile to refill their hand to five cards. The drawn card is placed in the middle of the hand.

At the start of the game, players can chose to move one of 2 adventurers. Every time an adventurer crosses over an Anubis statue for the first time he gains a new adventurer which is placed at the start.

The game ends once two adventurers reach the tomb. But in order to get in the tomb and collect the valuable sarcophagi, players need to have a key, which they collect from landing on Horus tiles. One key is needed for each adventurer wanting to enter the tomb.

The round is finished and then the game ends with a final scoring.

The player who now has the most points is the winner!

So now you can dig in it on BGA and have a full blast playing this title from Queen Games right from your seat.
Try it now here:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=luxor

All our thanks goes to our developer, cpasbanal, who did an amazing work on this game.

Also don't forget that you can join ou translator community anytime to help us get the games translated!
You can even win points to be gifted some Premium.
It's not the rosetta stone, but that's an important thing to care for with the 40+ languages we're currently supporting.

The Magnum Opus Calendar is still on its way, and we just can't wait to show you which games are coming next ;)
Take care!
easydoesit

Re: LUXOR : Pyramid Jungle where dreams are made of.

Post by easydoesit »

Hi, this game looks great, but we had to abandon my first game as neither of us had enough keys to finish and we were too far beyond the last opportunity to get keys to get any more (I had two keys but moved both of my adventurers into the tomb chamber at the same time, which took both the keys but only gave me one sarcophagus).

The rules say the game should end immediately and scoring take place if none of the players can move, but that didn't seem to be an option?
Waddington

Post by Waddington »

The game adaptatio to digital, the "Look & Feel" is amazing, you can see the depths in the board due to image quality!

Some suggestions to finetune this version:

- The movement of the meeples could be a bit slower so we can feel as walking on the board.

- I didn't like having to scroll the screen all the time to look my cards and check the board. The player's hand should fit the screen with the board so you don't have to scroll

Despite all that, THANK YOU, another very nice implementation in BGA!

regards
el cosimo

Post by el cosimo »

Waddington wrote: 09 December 2020, 22:48 The game adaptatio to digital, the "Look & Feel" is amazing, you can see the depths in the board due to image quality!

- The movement of the meeples could be a bit slower so we can feel as walking on the board.

- I didn't like having to scroll the screen all the time to look my cards and check the board. The player's hand should fit the screen with the board so you don't have to scroll

regards
Maybe you need to change your view? I can see everything on one screen at mobile, tablet or pc. (you can select view with the first button and then select: mobile, tablet or pc)
Waddington

Post by Waddington »

el cosimo wrote: 10 December 2020, 10:42
Waddington wrote: 09 December 2020, 22:48 The game adaptatio to digital, the "Look & Feel" is amazing, you can see the depths in the board due to image quality!

regards
Maybe you need to change your view? I can see everything on one screen at mobile, tablet or pc. (you can select view with the first button and then select: mobile, tablet or pc)
Thank you. Actually, changing the view did not work, but I managed it by adjusting the ZOOM in my browser. I could then see my hand and the full board without having to scroll!

Thanks

Return to “Official announcements [en]”