Developing a game on Board Game Arena

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Developing a game on Board Game Arena

Postby sourisdudesert » 03 October 2012, 13:53

Adapting a board game online is an unique experience: you are working directly with authors and publishers to bring a wonderful game online.

Well, we have some good news: we are going to make this possible for you soon!

Before the end of the year, we're going to open a development platform for online board games: "Board Game Arena Studio". Using this platform, you will be able to create board games adaptations under the best possible conditions:

• your game will be immediately available to all players registered on Board Game Arena: you can reach a critical mass of players to have a lot of games going as soon as your game is out.
  • we provide you with an environment on which you can easily develop a realtime boardgame adaptation, and that can (and already does) host thousands of games per day.
  • we negotiate needed authorizations for you. Some games are already available to be adapted at now!
  • our development environment makes it possible to implement high quality adaptations of simple games in only about a dozen hours.

Since its launch, we did our best to design Board Game Arena to be the platform "of gamers, made by gamers and for gamers". The opening of the "Studio" development platform is a new step to involve the boardgaming community, and create more enjoyment of boardgames for everyone.

If you are interested to develop a game on BGA, it's easy: just tell us by email (contact (at) boardgamearena.com). We will contact you when "Studio" is launched.

Note: to implement a board game adaptation on BGA Studio, you will only need to know how to develop using HTML, PHP, SQL and Javascript.

We hope to welcome you soon on BGA Studio!

teasel

Re: Developing a game on Board Game Arena

Postby teasel » 03 October 2012, 14:26

i'm happy to read this cause frankly i was a little worried for the site,most people seems to come here for race for the galaxy (at least i certainly do :) ) so i can't help but wonder what's going to happen when the official version get released

Oso

Postby Oso » 03 October 2012, 14:56

It is a very good idea, the big problem is that most do not know how to use the languages ​​(HTML, PHP, SQL and Javascript)

I have a lot of ideas for games and demos until I have at home, but having no knowledge about that I think many people will be apart xD.

It would also be a good idea for people who can use it to contact people who do not know the same to build a game together.

SonGoku

Postby SonGoku » 03 October 2012, 17:17

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Epic win from BGA side.. this was probably the best move ever you did. Congratulations!

Actually i study Graphic Design and within it HTML (including CSS) and this year we are going to learn PHP. I dont know if we will learn SQL or Javascript (directly,actually putting only simple scripts and they are not much).

My question to moderators : Is HTML knowledge enough to help? i would like to.

Sean Ross

Postby Sean Ross » 03 October 2012, 17:46

Is the idea that we would be developing only published games (with the permission of the publisher) or would we have the opportunity to develop unpublished games, in order to get access to your enormous pool of potential play-testers? If it's the latter, I'm excited....

Cheers,
Sean

sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Postby sourisdudesert » 03 October 2012, 21:05

Hi,

Thank you for your nice comments.

@Songoku: developing games on BGA studio is easy but this is still software development. Knowing PHP and javascript programming is mandatory.

@Sean: actually we have no fixed ideas about what sort of games will be developed on BGA Studio. Let's see what happened :)

Cheers

Sinistro

Postby Sinistro » 03 October 2012, 22:25

This is pretty much a nicely worded request for volunteer programmers ;)

Still, these are exciting news and I'm glad to see the site expanding its -already promising- potential! Bar none, BGA is my favourite way of playing board games online, in terms of both its interface and community.

lacki2000

Postby lacki2000 » 03 October 2012, 22:50

Sinistro wrote:Bar none, BGA is my favourite way of playing board games online, in terms of both its interface and community.
because wooden background leaves competition far behind :)
And, btw, I'm interested to test this new studio, asap.

Gonzabianchi

Postby Gonzabianchi » 04 October 2012, 03:26

why php, whyyyy??? :p

I can code in everything except php.. well, I supposed I will have to learn to help you out guys...

Anyway good to hear about it.. it's a good move, and even to begin developing other types of games...

I will leave you an email so I can help you out...

Phelan

Postby Phelan » 04 October 2012, 06:23

Hell yeah! :o Applying post haste! :D

Return to “Official announcements [en]”