SKULL: I like to save bones for special occasions

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Briesi

Re: SKULL: I like to save bones for special occasions

Post by Briesi »

SimonCox wrote: 14 April 2021, 17:50 "Skull is not a game of luck; it's a game of poker face and meeting eyes."

Hmmm - thats not going to work so well on here though is it...
totally agree
Johny_rc

Post by Johny_rc »

Given how small the ruleset is for this game, it is astonishing how much of it they got wrong.

Please can you fix the following;

1) The start player after a failed challenge should be the player whose Skull was chosen, not the person who challenged
2) If you kill yourself you should get to choose who starts the next round. This did happen on one occasion, but we are fairly certain it did not happen on other occasions
3) Once all but one player is eliminated the game is over....except it isn't apparently. The last player has to play a round on their own and it is conceivable that this would be with only their Skull card to play at which point they would be dead as well and nobody would win...pretty sure that ain't in the original rulebook.

Our group has agreed not to play this again until these problems are solved, so I look forward to hearing when that hapens.
towehaal

Post by towehaal »

So are some games just skipping the alpha stage now?
andrewroy39

Post by andrewroy39 »

Lol how are you going to complain about the rules being wrong and have absolutely no idea what you're talking about? On your first point, the start player for the next round is always the player who was challenged, not the person who's skull was flipped, unless the challenger lost their last card (and this is a super central rule to the game). On your second point, the rule which is properly implemented is if you lose your last card by flipping over your own skull, then you choose who goes first, but if you lose your last card by flipping over someone else's card then they go first. Not sure if you meant that by your comment or not, but that's definitely how it works. Both of those rules are exactly properly implemented and you just don't seem to know the rules. You are absolutely right on your third point that as soon as everyone else is eliminated that player should win though.
Johny_rc wrote: 14 April 2021, 22:19 Given how small the ruleset is for this game, it is astonishing how much of it they got wrong.

Please can you fix the following;

1) The start player after a failed challenge should be the player whose Skull was chosen, not the person who challenged
2) If you kill yourself you should get to choose who starts the next round. This did happen on one occasion, but we are fairly certain it did not happen on other occasions
3) Once all but one player is eliminated the game is over....except it isn't apparently. The last player has to play a round on their own and it is conceivable that this would be with only their Skull card to play at which point they would be dead as well and nobody would win...pretty sure that ain't in the original rulebook.

Our group has agreed not to play this again until these problems are solved, so I look forward to hearing when that hapens.
Zanzaro

Post by Zanzaro »

Italian translation (news topic on main page) wrong!
Zanzaro

Post by Zanzaro »

Briesi wrote: 14 April 2021, 21:11
SimonCox wrote: 14 April 2021, 17:50 "Skull is not a game of luck; it's a game of poker face and meeting eyes."

Hmmm - thats not going to work so well on here though is it...
totally agree
The "waiting time before you click your move" will do the job
DrClick

Post by DrClick »

towehaal wrote: 14 April 2021, 22:25 So are some games just skipping the alpha stage now?
Nothing new - They don't skip alpha but Public beta because we have a special group of users for some specific games.
DukeOfPrunes

Post by DukeOfPrunes »

andrewroy39 wrote: 14 April 2021, 21:07 As far as I can tell there's no way to know who is starting the bidding in the first round, which is a huge problem
I totally agree. This should be implemented soon.
DukeOfPrunes

Post by DukeOfPrunes »

Another tip for the developers: it could be useful (on turn-based games) if there were a symbol to remind me that I've previously lost the Skull. Thanks
twistoffate1

Post by twistoffate1 »

TrassoneMSS wrote: 14 April 2021, 17:57 "So, tired of your werewolves games?" <- NEVER!
Right? Them's fightin' words! ;)

Return to “Official announcements [en]”