Summer Of Games 2021: No sand in the eyes!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Een

Re: Summer Of Games 2021: No sand in the eyes!

Post by Een »

SteveV wrote: 17 August 2021, 17:39
Een wrote: 17 August 2021, 16:46
OutOfHabit wrote: 12 August 2021, 09:06
Looks like i am that second user. I don’t have my reward for opening 20 in a row. If i did my math correctly, that was august 1.
I had fixed the two users mentioned, but hadn't made quite the right request when checking on affected users. I wrote a more complex but now (hopefully) correct request today and there were actually 45, you included. I have granted today this "20 in a row" award to users who had missed it because of the 1st of August glitch. Thanks for reporting that the fix was incomplete.
I played in a fair number of tournaments in July that had 20+ games in my open tables yet don't see the achievements (yet?), was I not counted?
Not sure what you are talking about. This is only about the summer of games calendar awards. It has nothing to do with tournaments.
SteveV

Post by SteveV »

Een wrote: 17 August 2021, 17:42 Not sure what you are talking about. This is only about the summer of games calendar awards. It has nothing to do with tournaments.
um... nevermind!
Gregburbidge

Post by Gregburbidge »

If game 62 isn't Catan or Ticket to Ride, we riot!

I mean, seriously, we're going to send some meeples to the dice hospital if game 62 isn't a big one.
dragonbane

Post by dragonbane »

Een wrote: 02 July 2021, 10:45
Tokoloshe79 wrote: 02 July 2021, 10:34 It shows Chinese Checkers. What I meant to say was that yesterday there was a gift (gold digger with plastic shovel), but today nothing. I might be misunderstand though and perhaps the gift was for the first day only. In that case, there is no problem! :)
Yes, that's normal, there is not one achievement every day. But there are several of them :D
Can't prove it by me. Something about the day changing in late afternoon has apparently made it completely impossible for me to track this thing. The most-in-a-row I've managed this month is 3. It's honestly a bit discouraging.
katcrowder

Post by katcrowder »

dragonbane wrote: 27 August 2021, 23:35
Een wrote: 02 July 2021, 10:45
Tokoloshe79 wrote: 02 July 2021, 10:34 It shows Chinese Checkers. What I meant to say was that yesterday there was a gift (gold digger with plastic shovel), but today nothing. I might be misunderstand though and perhaps the gift was for the first day only. In that case, there is no problem! :)
Yes, that's normal, there is not one achievement every day. But there are several of them :D
Can't prove it by me. Something about the day changing in late afternoon has apparently made it completely impossible for me to track this thing. The most-in-a-row I've managed this month is 3. It's honestly a bit discouraging.
So, am I going crazy, or didn't it say somewhere that the day changed on Paris time? I thought it was "right there" on the front page with the calendar, but I don't see it now. I can't even find Paris searching this forum. Does anyone else remember this information being notified?
SteveV

Post by SteveV »

katcrowder wrote: 27 August 2021, 23:49 So, am I going crazy, or didn't it say somewhere that the day changed on Paris time? I thought it was "right there" on the front page with the calendar, but I don't see it now. I can't even find Paris searching this forum. Does anyone else remember this information being notified?
If you click "tomorrow's" chest right now you get a short term pop-up notification:
"Your next treasure is not ready yet! We are using the time in Paris for the calendar releases (21 hours left)"
xandryyte

Post by xandryyte »

omg... I became VERY paranoid about checking right at switchover time... I'll both miss it and enjoy the rest from being afraid of missing a day at the same time :D :D
covadis

Post by covadis »

I missed the first day :(
I believe in redemption so I continue to open the chest :D
hopelisabeth

Post by hopelisabeth »

What awards have there been so far? I've opened every day and it seems maybe only a handful over the past 61 days. Am I missing some?
aesche

Post by aesche »

hopelisabeth wrote: 30 August 2021, 13:20 What awards have there been so far? I've opened every day and it seems maybe only a handful over the past 61 days. Am I missing some?
1 chest opened; 20 in a row; 40 in a row
And 62 in a row, I‘d hope.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”