Takenoko

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Takenoko

Post by sourisdudesert » 11 December 2012, 20:57

We are now happy and proud to propose Takenoko, a game from Antoine Bauza, published by Matagot and Studio Bombyx.

In Takenoko, you are building a bamboo garden to feed the Emperor of Japan's panda. You are scoring points by fulfilling your secret objectives: make a specific configuration of bamboo appears on the bamboo garden, feed the panda with a specific set of bamboo sections, or build a specific combination of tiles in the garden.

To do all this work, you only have two actions per turn, and eventually a little help from the weather dice. Obviously, you'll have to guess your opponents objectives and use their moves to fulfill your own objectives.

Takenoko is a great family game, and in addition it is really beautiful. No need to argue it's the perfect gift for Christmas!

Oso

Re: Takenoko

Post by Oso » 12 December 2012, 03:42

I like a lot, it's not my favorite game BGA, but it is very fun :).

Thanks BGA!

Ripptor

Post by Ripptor » 12 December 2012, 14:27

It certainly IS the perfect gift for Christmas, especially when your roommate is panda-obsessed!

After playing it on here, I've been scouring my area for a copy, but no dice... and the internet has it a HUGE prices, or so far away shipping is super-expensive. Is there anywhere in the Eastern U.S. to even get this game?

sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert » 12 December 2012, 14:37

Hello,

You can buy it on Amazon.com.

Cheers,

Jenorax

Post by Jenorax » 25 December 2012, 15:24

Picked this up after it won BGG best art of the year award. Not disappointed at all. So far all the gamers in my group love it and we range from age 12-48, from beginner to advanced and everyone has loved it. It is easily one of the best purchases I have made this year!

Return to “Official announcements [en]”