Can't Stop Express: Amazingly short. Simple.

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

Can't Stop Express: Amazingly short. Simple.

Post by DrClick » 19 January 2022, 10:50

Can't Stop Express employs the simultaneous use of a common dice roll approach versus the roll-until-you-stop-or-bust personal use in Can't Stop.
Simple.

In Can't Stop Express your choices are private, whereas they are public in Can't Stop.
Basic.

Can't Stop Express is faster than Can't Stop, and the rules are short.
Simple.

If you have never played Can't Stop or Can't Stop Express, we suggest you play both of them, to make up your own mind.
Basic.

You can play the game by clicking this link:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?ga ... topexpress
Simple.

We would like to thank the team of Eagle-gryphon games for their help bringing the game to Board Game Arena.
Basic.

You can play this game alone or with up to 10 players simultaneously for games that last less than 10 minutes.
Simple.

Of course nothing would have been done without the help of stefano, the developer who made it possible.
Basic.

We will see you next week for an amazing release!
Simple.

Take care and play well till then.
You have all the basics.
You have all the basics.
You have all the basics...

Most of you won’t recognize this man, but you should. Before he passed away in 2002, he designed games, hundreds of games, and his name was Sid Sackson.

Sid Sackson is probably the most prolific and influential American game designer and is often referred to within the gaming community as “The Guru of Games.” He started designing games as a child and throughout his career he won numerous awards in the field, most notably the coveted Spiel des Jahres (the German Game of the Year) award, the most prestigious game design award. Some of his best-known games are Acquire, Domination, Can’t Stop, BuyWord, I’m the Boss, and Bazaar.

We wanted to thank him posthumously for his games, and specifically today, Can't Stop and Can't Stop Express.

Bacontroll

Re: Can't Stop Express: Amazingly short. Simple.

Post by Bacontroll » 19 January 2022, 13:14

Thanks alot for this game..
But, I got to say this post remind me alot of an Orelsan track…
Im I the only one? :shock: :idea:

Josh390

Post by Josh390 » 19 January 2022, 14:31

Nice tribute to Sid! Acquire was one of the first board games that got me into this hobby.

bananasplay

Post by bananasplay » 19 January 2022, 14:55

DrClick wrote:
19 January 2022, 10:50
Sid Sackson is probably the most prolific and influential American game designer and is often referred to within the gaming community as “The Guru of Games.” He started designing games as a child and throughout his career he won numerous awards in the field, most notably the coveted Spiel des Jahres (the German Game of the Year) award, the most prestigious game design award. Some of his best-known games are Acquire, Domination, Can’t Stop, BuyWord, I’m the Boss, and Bazaar.
Thank God for Sid Sackson's gift of game design and for the fun he's given to gamers worldwide! May he rest in peace and with favourable die rolls!
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.

Quizmaster

Post by Quizmaster » 19 January 2022, 15:51

Speaking of "Acquire..." Has anyone tried to implement that here? It seems like it would be a great fit.

Cappster_

Post by Cappster_ » 19 January 2022, 16:02

Quizmaster wrote:
19 January 2022, 15:51
Speaking of "Acquire..." Has anyone tried to implement that here? It seems like it would be a great fit.
Yes please. I'd love Acquire as well.

Endbringer

Post by Endbringer » 19 January 2022, 18:21

This is a really fun and addictive game, but the implementation leaves a lot to be desired. The colours are garish; the dice are poorly cropped and blocky; and the thick dotted blue outline looks like it was designed for a website in the 90s. I'd love to see the UI being adjusted to look a little sleeker and more modern.

Black Plague

Post by Black Plague » 19 January 2022, 19:53

Great tribute!

Kraftwagen

Post by Kraftwagen » 19 January 2022, 21:54

Well deserved tribute! I even recognized him 😃

HotShot53

Post by HotShot53 » 20 January 2022, 01:26

A fun quick game!

One question though, the rules say that you have to take a different 5th dice each of the first three turns if possible... however, the implementation doesn't enforce this rule, you are allowed to take the same 5th dice before you have your three picked out even if there is a new possible 5th dice available.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”