Can't Stop Express: Amazingly short. Simple.

Board Game Arena Official announcements
HiJack1963

Re: Can't Stop Express: Amazingly short. Simple.

Post by HiJack1963 »

Hear, hear!
joezg

Post by joezg »

LightKnight wrote: 24 January 2022, 01:25 I like this game very much! I've discovered it, like, yesterday, and I already played many games and reached a comfortable position in the ranking. I like both playing it and competing.
However, there's one thing that puzzles me. This game is fit for competition, and there is a big competitive rivalry. But then you have this player way atop the others. I noticed it, I thought, wow, that's neat, he must be a master of the game. Turns out, he just got 510 points at once after playing a game by himself, scoring 510. This seems very weird to me, I'm not convinced this is the proper way to handle elo for such games? And actually, I'm also simply not convinced one should be able to get points with 1p games - or otherwise, the leaderboard will end up completely filled with 1p players who will rank as high as how many games they played (provided they get positive scoring in average, but this is not a bold hypothesis at all, it's already the case among good players). - Or is the plan to let that happen and have the Arena instead reflect the actual level?
Solo games are set to be played only in training mode which means no ELO. Unfortunately we discovered a bug that was exploited by some players that enabled players to start a solo games in normal mode. This bug is, hopefully, fixed now.
Jazzsteve

Post by Jazzsteve »

Josh390 wrote: 19 January 2022, 14:31 Nice tribute to Sid! Acquire was one of the first board games that got me into this hobby.
Same for me! I bought it when I was 14, from my collected pocket money ;) Since then I have collected many of his games and books, f.e. A Gamut of Games, where you can play and make some terrific games with simple components.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”