CATAN: An all-time classic officially available NOW on Board Game Arena!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
shellinnz

Re: CATAN: An all-time classic officially available NOW on Board Game Arena!

Post by shellinnz »

This made my day! I'm enjoying it, and I don't want to be negative...but, it is very slow. There perhaps needs to be a warning it might take an hour. There needs to be an option for multiple trades, eg: I'd like a brick for either a wood or a sheep. Each action seems to take way too long. I think your turn starts on a roll, so roll it...no need to wait.
siang18

Post by siang18 »

after achieving elo 200 above, I find it unfair when people left at endgame. I almost end the game, and then one of the other player rage quit. It was a 45 min game, and my I don't gain any point, after how hard I tried and finally winning the game. However, the other players whose elo point is around 100 still manage to add some even if they are in second and third place. I hope that the elo point rules can be adjusted, this result makes me exhausted.
Heeshnik

Post by Heeshnik »

Villager cards like those in Star Trek Catan are needed. After using them it is hard to go back to basic Catan
Inaofr

Post by Inaofr »

OutOfHabit wrote: 25 June 2022, 03:46 I think i finally found Ned? https://imgur.com/a/mvwJfQb
No.
Mhayah

Post by Mhayah »

O jogo apresenta um bug, você pode ter os recursos e as estradas para colocar uma cidade ou assentamento, mas não aparece a opção, apenas aparece de colocar mais estradas, triste porque gosto muito, por favor arrumem esse detalhe.
Cyborgs Gaming

Post by Cyborgs Gaming »

This is the biggest news since April 1st!
CptToast

Post by CptToast »

Flanders was hidden really well this time
LenB

Post by LenB »

I prefer this implementation over the official one out there, well done! :)

I usually don't like dice in games but Catan is too charming to resist. Speaking of which, any sample size less than thousands of rolls says nothing about the dice statistics. A single game is literally nothing on the whole when it comes to randomness, as much as I also hate the crappy "no 6:s games". :D
SarahHughey

Post by SarahHughey »

I have invested a LOT of hours in Catan Universe, and I will say that I very STRONGLY prefer boardgamearena's adaptation after just one game. The interface runs smoothly and makes sense right away, I won't have to deal with the random connection problems from Catan Universe, and boardgamearena actually moderates the chat and enforces rules. Well done on this one, I am so happy to see this.
siang18

Post by siang18 »

Can we hide our elo points in game? It's so hard to 1v2 or 1v3 from the beginning just because my elo point is high, especially when I reached elo 300 above. It doesn't seem so fair when people never trade with you just because you have high elo, while they trade with one another, even when I provide a good offer.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”