FIKA: Sweet dish from the Swedish!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

FIKA: Sweet dish from the Swedish!

Post by DrClick »

Whether at work, in the evenings or over the weekend, “fika” is an integral part of Swedish life and is much more than just a coffee break. It’s about making space in your daily life to chat over a hot drink, as you nibble delicious pastries.

In Fika, you are a street café owner trying to outearn your competitor, by skillfully arranging the cards in your own café and manipulating those of your opponent, so that you can be the first to win two rounds.

Each round is made up of 2 phases: You first determine the primary and secondary suit colors for the round, and then you start playing your cards. To play, choose one card from your hand simultaneously and put it face down in front of you. Reveal your chosen card simultaneously. Place cards into your café, respecting the order of initiative, and choose whether to resolve their effects.

At the end of the round, review your café from left to right to see which objectives have been fulfilled. Each card has one objective, which earns you coins if you have that card in your café and you fulfill its requirements. If a Group card has been placed in front of a card, that card’s coin reward is either doubled or tripled, depending on which half of the Group points towards you. Add up all the coins you have earned from your objectives. If you have earned the most coins, you win the round and receive 1 Tip card. If you now have 2 Tip cards, the game ends and you win! Otherwise, set up the next round and continue playing.

Click below to try this game on Board Game Arena right now, but don't forget we have a tutorial included for you to learn how to play it!
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=fika

All of our thanks go to Fletcheese who developed the game, as well as to the publisher Board Game Circus and, of course, the game designer Kwibus Gamedesign. This adaptation is beautiful and works very well on most devices. You really should treat it as a treat for yourself, after a long day. It's important to take care of yourself!

So that's it for today.
Until Wednesday, take care and... play fair!
Darth_Malgus

Re: FIKA: Sweet dish from the Swedish!

Post by Darth_Malgus »

👍👍🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉☕🥞
PuertoGeeko84

Post by PuertoGeeko84 »

I can totally guarantee that FIKA is integral part of Italians life as well :D :D :D :lol:
ureloch

Post by ureloch »

Gonna be the favourite game for Italian players!
JackNapis

Post by JackNapis »

Is anyone else getting stuck in the tutorial? I'm selecting the top group and placing it in the middle of the street, but I get the "You must play the move indicated in the tutorial" error.

(I can't attach a screenshot showing everything because it results in a file that's too large for the forums.)
Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 12.15.42 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 12.15.42 PM.png (67.53 KiB) Viewed 2239 times
Alberto881

Post by Alberto881 »

I think in Italy they should rebrand this game...
Mitsuhashi80

Post by Mitsuhashi80 »

In Italy we absolutely love it! :P

PS here Fika (in Italian is written "fica" but pronunced the same) means "pussy". And the subtitle also states that is the sweetest thing :D
DecimoNazgul

Post by DecimoNazgul »

:D it's a really sweet thing, indeed!
Sangvinivs

Post by Sangvinivs »

Non posso credere che lo abbiano chiamato così :lol:
thirdender

Post by thirdender »

JackNapis wrote: 06 November 2023, 19:20 Is anyone else getting stuck in the tutorial? I'm selecting the top group and placing it in the middle of the street, but I get the "You must play the move indicated in the tutorial" error.

(I can't attach a screenshot showing everything because it results in a file that's too large for the forums.)

Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 12.15.42 PM.png
I got stuck here too. I was playing the Group card in the correct place, but I had selected the wrong card in the previous step. Undoing that part of the turn and then following the directions again allowed me to continue.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”