BGA accepts bitcoins!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Een

BGA accepts bitcoins!

Post by Een »

If you have been hanging around for some time, by now you probably guessed that we love technology. Some people might even use the g33k word. Oh well, we have been past denial for some time now. ;)

Thus, we like to make interesting new web technologies available on this website as soon as we can. Because the future is better enjoyed today than tomorrow, don't you think?

One of the big revelations of 2013 has been the spectacular coming out, on the markets and on the news, of a decentralized digital currency called bitcoin. If you don't know about it already, we invite you to discover this new concept for handling exchanges of value, for example on bitcoin.org.

Since a good half of the (two people strong) BGA team believes that this type of currency - which stays, as of today, more of an experiment than an established system - represents the future of money exchange on the internet, we have put in place what was needed to accept bitcoin donations on the Board Game Arena Club page.

So if you'd like to discover and test this new currency, or if you have got a treasure in bitcoins already as an early adopter and are looking for a way to spend some, this is a nice occasion to support BGA! (of course, Paypal is still an option if you don't feel quite ready to start playing with bitcoins)
jotaro

Re: BGA accepts bitcoins!

Post by jotaro »

i want do the same on my website... some1 can help me? i'm a php programmer
Een

Post by Een »

@jotaro,

Yes, it's still fresh in my mind, so I can give you some pointers by PM.

Cheers,
Een
I_play_for_ELO

Post by I_play_for_ELO »

Will you also provide the possibility to donate dogecoins?
watertribe

Post by watertribe »

How many schrute bucks is one bit coin worth?
chriswen42

Post by chriswen42 »

Awesome! Did you post this on reddit?
futamegawa

Post by futamegawa »

Hi, I cannot pay by Bitcoin now. Because Server error. :cry:
Please fix it.
Een

Post by Een »

Hi futamegawa,
Thanks for reporting this. I checked and our bitcoin transaction manager changed his receive API. Not really a complaining, since it has been free, stable and really great for 2 years (which is quite a long time in the internet service field), but it will take some time to get things back to working. Also, I'm not sure yet that I like the new way and won't look for an alternative.
Anyway, I'll post back here when it's done.
Een

Post by Een »

It took some head scratching, but I'm pleased to report that payment using Bitcoin is now available again! I hope lots of players will be using it ;)
futamegawa

Post by futamegawa »

Thanks! :)

Return to “Official announcements [en]”