Pimp my BGA!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Re: Pimp my BGA!

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hi

We didnt change the layout lately, so the most probable cause is your custom CSS...

A screenshot would also help to understand the problem.
JollyBird

Post by JollyBird »

sourisdudesert wrote: 03 May 2019, 06:30 ...We didnt change the layout lately, ...
Have no such problems (use normal display)
but the "Your turn-based games: x waiting / xx running"bar has changed a bit in color - more orangish.
At least to my eyes :geek:
_Kex_

Post by _Kex_ »

senatorhung wrote: 03 May 2019, 01:11then today, my custom CSS background is no longer displayed during games (still gets applied outside of games). is this kind of tomfoolery going to be ongoing ?
exactly the same problem. custom CSS works fine on most pages, however the actual game screen does not use it :/
did't have the time to check why yet. if you come up with a solution please let us "custom CSS-ers" know :D
senatorhung

Post by senatorhung »

JollyBird wrote: 03 May 2019, 09:02
sourisdudesert wrote: 03 May 2019, 06:30 ...We didnt change the layout lately, ...
Have no such problems (use normal display)
but the "Your turn-based games: x waiting / xx running"bar has changed a bit in color - more orangish.
At least to my eyes :geek:
yeah, i saw the orange change .. along with the interface change to Eminent Domain .. that's why i thought BGA was doing interface tweaks.

so i posted my custom CSS earlier in the topic (top of previous page) .. just an image inclusion .. nothing else.

Code: Select all

html,body {
height:100%;
background-image:url(INSERT URL FOR NEW BACKGROUND IMAGE HERE);
}

loading today:

after adjusting the screen zoom up to 110% (to get the player info sidebar above the chat) then back down to 90% gets me back tomy preferred layout:

previous behaviour would be that the screen zoom got saved and i didn't have to think about it. and the custom background is not being included. not sure if this is a cookie issue, but will try to clear my cache after posting this.

browser info:

72.0.3626.121 (Official Build) (64-bit) (cohort: 74_131_Win)
Revision da3787ba355f18db7db52abf75c42afb408d656f-refs/branch-heads/3626@{#883}
OS Windows
JavaScript V8 7.2.502.28
Flash 32.0.0.171
Last edited by senatorhung on 03 May 2019, 11:46, edited 1 time in total.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hi

The problem is related to this one so please check here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13623
senatorhung

Post by senatorhung »

so the forum is being served with https. and doesn't display any security message in the browser address bar.

however, the game pages are being served with http - giving an 'not secure' error message on the left side of the browser address bar for chrome. on the right side of the browser address bar .. there was a grey white shield with a red x that warned "This page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources." i am assuming this is referring to the custom css, since once i clicked on the shield and chose "Load unsafe scripts", the custom CSS started working on my game pages.

not sure if the 'insecure' source is determined by the custom CSS server or the fact that i am including an image from a http site. but at least the woodgrain background is no longer blinding me again ;)

i'll respond to the zooming issue in the other topic.
Caffe Latte

Post by Caffe Latte »

sourisdudesert wrote: 03 May 2019, 06:30 We didnt change the layout lately
But something has happened since May 3rd (?). At first I thought my phone display is living the last hours since suddenly 'Your turn based games: 1 waiting....' started displaying much darker yellow color. Well, maybe sun shining on phone or so. Then I doubted my memory, maybe colors always looked this dark. Maybe am getting old and should visit oculist. Then I noticed 'Play now' and 'Turn based' menu now looks disabled, but work when I click.

Well, I sighed and started imagining my new phone model. Then I realised the same happened on tablet. Then I read you saying 'no changes'. Now I see the same changes on desktop.

Either they all three are waving goodbye or you updated something though :)
_Kex_

Post by _Kex_ »

also - tournament scoreboard is no longer displayed under a tournament game
SOMETHING has changed :)
Caffe Latte

Post by Caffe Latte »

And last post in forums is not displayed. I can read them only after portrait-landscape-portrait.
_Kex_

Post by _Kex_ »

it would seem that after the update this morning everything is back to normal. my custom CSS works fine now, tournament results are back, so far so good
rejoice! :)

Return to “Official announcements [en]”