Pimp my BGA!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
RoboZoom

Re: Pimp my BGA!

Post by RoboZoom »

This is awesome! I know I won't have time to fiddle with this, but I can't wait to see what the community produces!
Coin-coin le Canapin

Post by Coin-coin le Canapin »

You're right, the editor doesn't save the comments.
I guess you'll have to save your code somewhere else on your computer until they replace the textarea with a proper code editor (souris said they'll look at this).
Coin-coin le Canapin

I think I've sort of finished my theme :

I've made specific changes for the Seasons board (round card borders, beveled summoning gauge spaces…), but it also consequently changes a few things on the other games boards (wood background, grooves separating different areas) as you can see on the Race for the Galacy screenshot where I didn't write any specific CSS rules.
I only tried on a few other games but I think it shouldn't mess up other layouts.

Also, note the custom themes aren't applied when watching a replay. I guess it's supposed to be this way.

http://boardgamearena.com/?use_custom_style=14779237

If you have any suggestion about this theme I'm listening ! I'm not a designer at all and I just reproduced somewhat the standards of material/flat design so if I can improve my skills, that's nice.
noreason21

Post by noreason21 »

So I have no idea what I'm doing in terms of CSS, but if anyone is feeling up for it, I'd really like to see someone make a simple red and black theme with a green poker felt background while in gameplay.
You'd be making a soon-to-be father very happy! :D

Even if this doesn't happen, I'm still pretty excited to see what the community comes up with on their own.
Coin-coin le Canapin

The way the BGA website is made makes the CSS modifications quite troublesome, it hasn't been conceived with this kind of feature in mind I guess.
I'm even intriguished they released such a functionnality, but it doesn't unplease me… I'd like to help you noreason but that's a lot of work, especially with a dark background where you have to rework all the contrasts.
Last edited by Coin-coin le Canapin on 09 July 2015, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
Oso

Post by Oso »

i was thinking. With a "dark" style (it happens with a dark blue, dark red, etc) you should change more things.

- The CSS editor is a little intuitive and simplify the code too, if you've two similar "codes", the editor groups both in one code.
- Replay a game is in default skin, it's good really... also if you've LOT of time here (like me), the oldest tables are in the OLD interface xD.
- if you're surfing with another skin (not your skin), you will see your games and not finished games in your SKIN.
- ALSO, if you reset the skin, and DON'T DELETE the code in the editor, you will see your games and not finished in your skin too.
- SOME GAMES needs more re-works in the skin, some games like Puerto Rico and Seasons can be edited in some aspects...
Coin-coin le Canapin

Would be very nice if every game had a specific id on the body.
id="seasons", id="puertorico", etc.
vinnierj

Post by vinnierj »

In portuguese, pimp is translated as a very bad word, besides that, archaic.... so it must be confusing for some people... and maybe offensive...
Coin-coin le Canapin

Lol, I looked at this and yeah it's translated as "Proxeneta", I don't speak Portuguese but it seems akward :D

About the CSS customization I noticed that the CSS gradients seems to break the CSS when it is processed by BGA. Will it be fixed ?
Een

Post by Een »

vinnierj wrote:In portuguese, pimp is translated as a very bad word, besides that, archaic.... so it must be confusing for some people... and maybe offensive...
Yes, automatic translation can sometime have some surprising results :)
Fixed it, thanks!

Return to “Official announcements [en]”