Constructive feedback

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Celtic01

Re: Constructive feedback

Post by Celtic01 »

Gordan wrote: 07 November 2020, 11:01 The most constructive suggestion I can give is - fire the developer immediately.
The more I try to play the game the more despicable this horror becomes. I will give it a few more days to see how things develop and then I'm canceling my subscription.
Thats not nice and constructive. I'm as upset as u, but your comment ll not help to improve quickly the situation. Fire people is not the solution here.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Gordan wrote: 07 November 2020, 11:01 The most constructive suggestion I can give is - fire the developer immediately.
The more I try to play the game the more despicable this horror becomes. I will give it a few more days to see how things develop and then I'm canceling my subscription.
Lol, you do realize most game here are done by volonteers developpers who are not getting paid, right ???
Stroom

Post by Stroom »

No. This is not constructive. I do not agree with this. Let's keep it civilized here.
Travis Hall

Post by Travis Hall »

Stroom wrote: 07 November 2020, 07:05 Well, looking at the last replies in the other thread, it seems like they are not going to fix how giving clues works.
They won’t be changing that yet. I agree with that decision; again speaking as a software engineer, there have been some other issues that have clearly been higher priority.
Stroom wrote: 07 November 2020, 07:05So far, all those who have liked how the game looks now, have had less than 100 games. But everyone who actually regularly plays definitely hates how the games have been running slower than before.
*meaningfully glances at games history* I’ve just played 5-player for the first time since the new version was released, and it’s the first time I’ve ever been able to see all five hands at once on my iPad. I can also see all the discards without scrolling, which has never been possible before.
Khoo1

Post by Khoo1 »

Travis Hall wrote: 07 November 2020, 14:10 able to see all five hands at once on my iPad. I can also see all the discards without scrolling, which has never been possible before.
Can you teach us how to see entire Hanabi game in 1 screen?
Even huge PC screen on Firefox is scrolling all over at each and every move.
Tried stack and that crappy 400 tester version too but still playing more scrolls than Hanabi.
Travis Hall

Post by Travis Hall »

Khoo1 wrote: 07 November 2020, 14:44 Can you teach us how to see entire Hanabi game in 1 screen?
Sure, it’s easy. First, get an iPad, and then load Chrome for iOS on it...

In all seriousness, it sounds like there are issues related to specific browsers. I’m sure that in time, the developers will get a handle on these issues, and deal with major problems on commonly-used platforms. (I would expect support for Edge, Chrome, and Firefox on Windows, Safari on MacOS, Safari and Chrome on iOS, and... I would have to look up what is appropriate for Android now. Chrome and Firefox might be common enough on other platforms too.) Cross-browser consistency is a huge hassle to get right when you only have a small team, and it’s common to not find some problems with particular browsers until public release as a result. Once those get ironed out, though, things should be much better.

In the meantime, if it’s not good in Firefox at the moment, I suggest installing Chrome. If it works there, keep using Chrome for now, and periodically test it again with Firefox until they have it running well in that browser.
cjw29

Post by cjw29 »

Um... because discards are now listed in numerical order instead of discard order... Is there any way that there could be a text box or something (like in turn based) where one can write notes to oneself... (for saves or bluffs etc) I know in turn based there's the option to do that but that's possibly implemented at a board game arena level for turn based games and hence might not be easy to port this feature across...
Khoo1

Post by Khoo1 »

Travis Hall wrote: 07 November 2020, 15:15 Sure, it’s easy. First, get an iPad, and then load Chrome for iOS on it...

In all seriousness, it sounds like there are issues related to specific browsers. I’m sure that in time, the developers will get a handle on these issues, and deal with major problems on commonly-used platforms. (I would expect support for Edge, Chrome, and Firefox on Windows, Safari on MacOS, Safari and Chrome on iOS, and... I would have to look up what is appropriate for Android now. Chrome and Firefox might be common enough on other platforms too.) Cross-browser consistency is a huge hassle to get right when you only have a small team, and it’s common to not find some problems with particular browsers until public release as a result. Once those get ironed out, though, things should be much better.

In the meantime, if it’s not good in Firefox at the moment, I suggest installing Chrome. If it works there, keep using Chrome for now, and periodically test it again with Firefox until they have it running well in that browser.
Easier to unsubscribe to BGA.
Seriously, most and major kinks should be iron out by beta especially small team but most people voted for Trump and giving excuses.
Thank you for responding although not possible.
Gordan

Post by Gordan »

Celtic01 wrote: 07 November 2020, 11:13
Thats not nice and constructive. I'm as upset as u, but your comment ll not help to improve quickly the situation. Fire people is not the solution here.
Never claimed I was being nice. Nor do I see a reason to be. The point is - someone screwed BIG time, working further with those people is certainly not a solution too. Yeah, the cards look pretier now. But the game is unplayable.
Ankeszu

Post by Ankeszu »

When I see "these 2 cards are ONEs" after clicking on a card of my partner, guess what: I see "2" definately more suggestive than "ONEs". Guys, is that so hard to acknowledge that peoples brains react differently to numbers and letters? And for some weird reason you assume the number of cards clued is more important to be noticed than the type of the cards clued - when one of the two types IS a number?!
It's great that you improved visibility of the color.
It's awful that you keep confusing people with what they clue, and still try to influence what people clue (the immediately visible options or the less visible ones that require additional click). I almost messed that few times because it is so unintuitive that you see the number you want to give an empty clue about, but this clue is not about this number! It forces to think 4x more about what to click to clue what you want to clue... PLEASE PLEASE FIX IT. Text clues are so messy!

Return to “Hanabi”