Be still my beating heart.....

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
nandblock

Be still my beating heart.....

Post by nandblock »

The ears perked up at this sentence in SU&SD's Origins report:

"Seikatsu is a charming tile-laying game governed by elegant, perspective-based mechanics vaguely akin to those of Tash-Kalar, but also adorned with birds and flowers that seem lifted from your grandmother’s china." (https://www.shutupandsitdown.com/cynthi ... rigins-17/)

Since Tash-Kalar occupies a fairly unique design space (I mean, I've heard people compare it to The Duke and.... that's about it?) this is definitely good news. Also the pics look gorgeous.
a_mandible

Re: Be still my beating heart.....

Post by a_mandible »

I have some doubts. The article says it has "perspective-based mechanics vaguely akin to those of Tash-Kalar", and the BGG page for the game says...

"they score for rows of flowers only at the end of the game and only for the rows of flowers that exist from their perspective, i.e., that are viewable as lines from where they sit at the game board."

I almost wonder if they're thinking of some game other than Tash-Kalar? That kind of perspective-dependence is very specifically absent from TK.

a
nandblock

Post by nandblock »

Yeah now that I have inspected the rules more closely there is absolutely no connection between the games. It does look very lovely, and I've got a copy on order as I suspect I can get it to the table easily in my generally mixed gaming crowd (which has a lot of people who aren't into heavier games but want something more than just super casual fare).
nandblock

Post by nandblock »

Eh. It's pleasant, it's very pretty, it's elegant. It's just not very interesting. Just got a hold of a copy.

Return to “Tash-Kalar”