Browsing discards

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Quinarbre

Browsing discards

Post by Quinarbre »

The upcoming version of Tash-Kalar will allow you to browse your discard.
I'm thinking about how to let you see the other players' discards too, but I'd like your input :
- should it be an option at table creation or systematic ?
- should it be available in turn-based mode only or in every game ?
galehar

Re: Browsing discards

Post by galehar »

In my opinion, browsing opponent's discard should always be available.
Alb1979

Post by Alb1979 »

galehar wrote: 26 August 2020, 15:30 In my opinion, browsing opponent's discard should always be available.
Same here, much better than scrolling down the game log.

Not sure if it should be in real time games though, since it could slow down the pace. But I'm not a real time player so not sure about it..
Faiz Ali

Post by Faiz Ali »

Yeah, I don't play real time too often either, but there's still a strict time limit and people are able to somewhat remember most of the cards that have been played because they were just played within the last 10 minutes or whatever. So then the discard display would just be a quick reference.
nandblock

Post by nandblock »

I feel it should be an option, which defaults to "display opponents' discards" for turn-based, "do not display" for real-time; but allow players to set it manually if they wish.

The game log can get REALLY confusing due to the logged take-backs.... sometimes a player summons a Being, undoes it, and it's not entirely clear from the log whether the card was put in play or not. Publicly available discards would solve this.

How do people feel about tracking discards for flares and Legends? I do often keep track of flares in particular to guess the odds of triggering one.
Quinarbre

Post by Quinarbre »

nandblock wrote: 29 August 2020, 07:20 I feel it should be an option, which defaults to "display opponents' discards" for turn-based, "do not display" for real-time; but allow players to set it manually if they wish.
While that would be nice, I don't think the backoffice for the lobby allows so much fine-tuning on defaults.
Let's face it, the vast majority of TK games are played turn-based, so an option that defaults to open discards seems to be the way to go.
nandblock wrote: 29 August 2020, 07:20 How do people feel about tracking discards for flares and Legends? I do often keep track of flares in particular to guess the odds of triggering one.
Seems legitimate (though it's yet another thing I'll have to squeeze somehow in the layout :shock:)
Hairry

Post by Hairry »

Quinarbre wrote: 29 August 2020, 20:38 (...) so an option that defaults to open discards seems to be the way to go.
Hello! Have you implemented the opponent's discard somewhere? I can't seem to find it. Thanks.
Quinarbre

Post by Quinarbre »

Not yet!
BlooCoon

Post by BlooCoon »

How about now? :D
Any progress on the extra 3 buttons for discards like the current discard pile?
JaderSegatto

Post by JaderSegatto »

I don’t think opponent’s discard pile should be visible. At most as an option in simple game tables, never in Arena.

It should be at player’s own discretion to keep record of opponent’s summoning history, either by memory or notes. Making it readily available rewards those who are not making that effort.

Another thing to consider: does the hard copy rule book allow you to browse other players discard pile? Isn’t it like any other pile, with only the last card visible?

Return to “Tash-Kalar”