school winrate

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
galehar

school winrate

Post by galehar »

@quinarbre: do you have access to the global winrate per school? That would be interesting.
Personally, I'm struggling with Sylvans. I think I have a much lower winrate with them.
Quinarbre

Re: school winrate

Post by Quinarbre »

Here's what I have:
  • Choice rate per school, among all players:

Code: Select all

Imperial 	0.39
    Highland 	0.22
    Sylvan 		0.21
    Everfrost	0.18
    Fairly balanced, with a big bias towards Imperial because of the duplicate deck, and a small one against Everfrost because it was added one year later.
  • Choice rate per school, among winners:

Imperial 	0.38
    Highland 	0.23
    Sylvan 		0.21
    Everfrost 	0.18
    There are biases, but since they match the previous ones perfectly, I'd say the factions are balanced.
That's over 100.000 games played; here are a couple of facts that could introduce a bias:
  • 85% of games are played in High Form, 10% in Deathmatch and 5% in Melee (ok not a real bias, everyone knows High Form is how the game should be played :twisted:)
  • In 64% games the players choose their factions, and consciously or not, they are probably inclined to pick the ones they succeed most with. In the future this could be mitigated by random factions being the norm in the Arena.
vagabond

Post by vagabond »

I'm curious if there are other statistics available, like win rate for each legendary? I'm particularly curious about Time Elemental's impact on win rate.
Quinarbre

Post by Quinarbre »

Not directly, no.
When we first made the game public, I remember there were discussions with CGE to give them a full database dump of the games played, so theoretically they could have that kind of information available, but I'm not sure it's worth taking the time to fetch it. The takeback mechanic also makes it harder to keep track of the actual use of a given being in a game.
butki

Post by butki »

Hi all,

I would be interested in updated stats about the school win probability with nethervoid and etherweave included, if you can still share it with us :)

thanks!
Quinarbre

Post by Quinarbre »

Here are the current rates, over the last 1000 games:
Played with:

Imperial   0.32
Highland   0.17
Sylvan     0.17
Everfrost  0.12
Nethervoid 0.11
Etherweave 0.1
Won with:

Imperial   0.35
Highland   0.14
Sylvan     0.16
Everfrost  0.14
Nethervoid 0.12
Etherweave 0.09
General table options (random or player's faction choice, game form) remain in the same kind of levels as before.

All three expansions were marked as "unrecommended for beginners" and can be disabled in each player's options (about 17% people disable Everfrost, and 22% disable Nethervoid or Etherweave), which can account for their relatively low choice rate.
It it interesting that so many people are reluctant to use these factions, be it by default or when faced with choosing them in-game.

Win rate is still consistent with choice rate (the rates being now computed over 1000 games only make the numbers subject to a higher fluctuation, a 0.03 discrepancy is not significant).
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

Nice, thanks for the numbers.

I personally struggle with Sylvan and Nethervoid. But that has everything to do with me not being experienced with them, and even with Tash-Kalar in general.

Return to “Tash-Kalar”