Fixing Validated Translations

BGA localization discussions
Een

Re: Fixing Validated Translations

Postby Een » 11 October 2018, 08:57

Stardust2915 wrote:Hello sysop,

I played multiple games of Race for the galaxy (rftg) and found bunch of wrongly translated sentences.
For example, "three different kinds of goods" in "diversified economy" is translated as "three goods".
Even worse is that texts are already verified without any translation.
It would be great if you allow me to translate already verified sentences.

p.s. I also found few weird Korean sentences in other games (Seasons, Keyflower, etc.), but I don't remember exactly.

Thanks,
Sangwoo Ji.

Hello Stardust2915, I updated your account so that you can fix mistakes that you spot while playing. Thanks a lot for your help in improving the Korean translations!

Stardust2915

Postby Stardust2915 » 11 October 2018, 11:55

Thank you for your approval!

Actually, I don't know how to deploy revised Korean sentences to a game.
It is because I am still not available to edit translation through translation headquarter page.
For example, (https://ko.boardgamearena.com/#!transla ... cale=ko_KR) for Race for the galaxy.
Could I know how to apply my translation as your mention that "fix mistakes that you spot while playing"?

I want to let you know one more situation about Race for the galaxy.
Goals (first goals and most goals) which is included in Gathering storm expansion are not displayed in Korean.
More specifically, Korean translation of the Goals exists in headquarter page, but the translation is not displayed in a game.

Again, thank you for your help.
Sangwoo Ji.

Een wrote:
Stardust2915 wrote:Hello sysop,

I played multiple games of Race for the galaxy (rftg) and found bunch of wrongly translated sentences.
For example, "three different kinds of goods" in "diversified economy" is translated as "three goods".
Even worse is that texts are already verified without any translation.
It would be great if you allow me to translate already verified sentences.

p.s. I also found few weird Korean sentences in other games (Seasons, Keyflower, etc.), but I don't remember exactly.

Thanks,
Sangwoo Ji.

Hello Stardust2915, I updated your account so that you can fix mistakes that you spot while playing. Thanks a lot for your help in improving the Korean translations!

Een

Postby Een » 11 October 2018, 13:03

Stardust2915 wrote:Actually, I don't know how to deploy revised Korean sentences to a game.
It is because I am still not available to edit translation through translation headquarter page.

You may need to log off and on again, then you should be able to edit validated translations.
Then translations are updated in the games once per day.

Stardust2915 wrote:I want to let you know one more situation about Race for the galaxy.
Goals (first goals and most goals) which is included in Gathering storm expansion are not displayed in Korean.
More specifically, Korean translation of the Goals exists in headquarter page, but the translation is not displayed in a game.

Then the developer must have forgotten something. You should report this as a bug on a RFTG table in the bug reports: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs

N_Faker

Postby N_Faker » 11 October 2018, 14:04

Een wrote:
Stardust2915 wrote:I want to let you know one more situation about Race for the galaxy.

Then the developer must have forgotten something. You should report this as a bug on a RFTG table in the bug reports: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs

https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!bug?id=10366

Mostly related bug report. Probably none of the goal or prestige leader cards update.

Return to “Translations”