Can't translate more than 3 languages?

BGA localization discussions
Een

Re: Can't translate more than 3 languages?

Post by Een » 09 October 2020, 13:45

Indeed suggesting improvements to the English text should not be blocked by the 3 languages limit. I took a note to fix this when time allows.

NB: English text originally comes from the source code, so it's not a translation. It's the original text all translations derives from. Developers (including BGA admins) not being native speakers, it's quite perfectible, hence the functionality to request changes (that have to be validated by admins, following some awkward mass edits that were... not good at all).

KongKing123

Post by KongKing123 » 12 October 2020, 20:18

Een wrote:
09 October 2020, 13:45
Indeed suggesting improvements to the English text should not be blocked by the 3 languages limit. I took a note to fix this when time allows.
Nice, thank you. I've created a report for it: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=26147

While this is under the attention, I also have a related suggestion. It would be nice if we could disable the emails from these English change requests: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=26143

Usay Dress A H

Post by Usay Dress A H » 14 October 2020, 09:23

Een wrote:
09 October 2020, 13:45

NB: English text originally comes from the source code, so it's not a translation. It's the original text all translations derives from. Developers (including BGA admins) not being native speakers, it's quite perfectible, hence the functionality to request changes (that have to be validated by admins, following some awkward mass edits that were... not good at all).
Some games (such as Chinese Chess) are originated in non-English-speaking countries and needs to be translated into English.
Sorry if duplicate post.
My username ends with a capital H and a space bar.

Return to “Translations”