Report a disturbing translator

BGA localization discussions
e1q3z9c7

Report a disturbing translator

Post by e1q3z9c7 »

I found the member "Rebirthfox333" is messing around in 中文(漢)translation of "GO", but when I want to report him, there's no specific option for translation, so I have to come here to report it.

He changed almost all strings to meaningless nonsense, fortunately the prank is only occur at "GO" section so far. I'll change it back to the right translation soon, the history gonna shows his vice, hope his right will be limited soon.

Thanks for helping.
Een

Re: Report a disturbing translator

Post by Een »

Hi e1q3z9c7,
Thanks for your work on translations. Moderating translations is hard since obviously we don't speak all those languages and except for some languages we can't judge if a translation is meaningless nonsense or not.
I'd advise to contact this user if it happens again, and if it cannot be resolved by discussing it, then contacting me through PM so that we see what needs to be done.
e1q3z9c7

Post by e1q3z9c7 »

In normal situation, it's hard to judge, but he was ridiculous, you may using google translate to see how far the sentences go.

e.g. Japanese method of counting→比目魚, it should be "比目法", "比目魚" is a kind of fish. He changed a word simply for prank.
e1q3z9c7

Post by e1q3z9c7 »

HIM again, he added a blank to every string in "Hypnosia"

https://zh.boardgamearena.com/#!transla ... cale=zh_TW

I have to remove all of them to make it right again, which is NOT my or anyone's except HIS job.
ME, as the major and most strings translator of Traditional Chinese, begging you: PLEASE block him.
Een

Post by Een »

e1q3z9c7 wrote:HIM again, he added a blank to every string in "Hypnosia"
Ok, that is indeed clearly bad behaviour. This user has been blocked from the translation system.
Jarno

Post by Jarno »

I would also like to report a user (RonaldMelodie) for making small, mostly incorrect changes to existing translations from English to Dutch.
The latest example https://nl.boardgamearena.com/#!transla ... cale=nl_NL, but you can see his name pop up on every translation so it happens on multiple occasions.

This user changes or removes commas, spaces or dots on translation of news. While the translation before that was good enough. This users tries to get some free translation points by just removing a comma for example. This is really saddening, because this way, the translation points won't go to the hard working original translators.

Beneath also an explanation in Dutch:
Deze speler veranderd of verwijderd komma's spaties of punten in vertalingen van het nieuws. Terwijl de vertaling die al gedaan is daarvoor al prima genoeg was. Deze gebruiker probeert gratis punten te krijgen door het verwijderen van een enkele komma bijvoorbeeld. Het is heel jammer, want op deze manier gaan de punten niet naar de hard werkende originele vertalers.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

Jarno wrote:While the translation before that was good enough. This users tries to get some free translation points by just removing a comma for example. This is really saddening, because this way, the translation points won't go to the hard working original translators.
Improvements, no matter how minor, are still improvements. "Good enough" shouldn't be the end result.

At least some of RonaldMelodie's changes translate better with Google translate, so it is doubtful that he is making changes solely to steal translation points.

Return to “Translations”