Outlaws: Storekeep

BGA localization discussions
Liallan

Outlaws: Storekeep

Post by Liallan »

I see no specific developer listed on this game.

The one character is called the Storekeep in the rules, and in parts of the game. In other parts of the game he's called the Storekeeper, so it's inconsistent. (Maybe because someone has already changed some to storekeeper.)

Storekeeper is correct in modern English. But the game is in the old west, and when it was Mexico to boot. I've heard of "barkeep" (bartender) but never "storekeep" to mean the person. I tried to research this, but alas, I am not an expert on researching out of date words and found nothing. :mrgreen: (A storekeep seems to be the actual store, not the person.)

I'm not sure storekeep is a correct word, but it's what the rules say, and I see nothing wrong with it. It sounds quaint in a way. It definitely sounds silly switching off throughout the game. Unfortunately we don't have finalized rules on this game, but my vote would be sticking to what they say now. It would just be nice to have the developer's opinion on this.
Een

Re: Outlaws: Storekeep

Post by Een »

Ok for Storekeep, I just went for Storekeeper because I thought it was the correct word, but let's stick to the rules :)
Liallan

Re: Outlaws: Storekeep

Post by Liallan »

No problem by me.

Return to “Translations”