Strings not credited

BGA localization discussions
ckwatt

Re: Strings not credited

Post by ckwatt »

Een wrote: Fixing already validated strings doesn't credit gift points, as it would encourage instability (with a potential infinite loop to earn gift points...). So fixing mistakes in validated strings is just for the glory or out of love :)
Well it is a bit disappointing, since I have put a lot of effort into fixing up the English on the site and was under the impression that it was being recognized in some way. I suppose I'll have to settle for the love. (As a professional translator and editor, I can assure you that there is no glory in editing!)
J-M

Post by J-M »

Liallan wrote: 24 September 2017, 04:37
ckwatt wrote:Yes, I did considerable work on Diam's in early August: https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!transla ... cale=en_US - but nothing of that seems to have been credited.
Just a quick note, that you do not need to change "his" to "their." Een has that fixed so the gender of the player changes it (to her) if necessary. I personally think it's not hurting for it to be "their," but you don't need to do that anymore.
I would like to note that I prefer gender neutral pronouns on this site if no gender has been selected, and find it disapointing that this practice is being discouraged.
janlugt

Post by janlugt »

Some of my colleagues are non-binary, and others have not selected a gender preference (since it's not asked in the initial registration), and it's not ideal for them to have the default be to be referred to with male pronouns. Similarly, for trans people, this can be triggering.

A default of they/them/their would be great, which would solve all these issues. If there's any work I can do myself on this, please let me know how. Thanks for your consideration!

Edit: I now see that I can fix this myself by working on translations (after I've had an account for a month). I will do this as soon as my account reaches that age.

Return to “Translations”