Remember When - french translation

Discussions à propos de la traduction en français
J-Effe IV

Remember When - french translation

Post by J-Effe IV »

English follows - especially for the designer FourGiving.

Bonjour, j'ai entrepris de traduire vers le français les chaînes de textes manquantes, et de réviser les traductions déjà existantes. Pour un jeu comme Remember When (et d'autres du genre si vous en avez un jour sur le site) où les mots eux-mêmes sont les éléments de jeux, je trouve qu'il est important que les traductions soient parfaitement exactes et le plus professionnelles possible et ce pour chacune des langues (je ne peux évidemment pas le faire pour autre chose que le français). Comme j'ai moi-même fait un certain nombre de parties, je suis à même de connaître un peu mieux le contexte et les détails (tel mot est utilisé comme verbe, par exemple, et tel autre comme nom). Pour le moment, j'en suis rendu à un peu moins de la moitié, mais c'est long, car le jeu a plus de chaînes de textes que le site lui-même ! J'ai laissé des commentaire où je le jugeais le plus pertinent, mais il était irréaliste que je commente chacun de mes changements. Je vais essayer de terminer ça le plus vite possible pour que l'équipe de gestion puisse éventuellement valider. Si vous avez des questions, commentaires, ou avez de meilleures traudctions à proposer (c'est pas toujours évident car certains mots ou expressions n'ont pas de traduction immédiate), n'hésitez pas !

Hi, I finally started the translation of the game towards the French language. I translated the strings that weren't already translated, and then I started reviewing all existing translations. For a game like Remember When (and anyother eventual game of the same kind that would be implemented here) where the words themselves are the actual main gaming elements, I find it critical that the translations be perfectly spot on, and as professionnal as possible, and this for all languages (I can obviously only translate to French). As I played myself a certain number of games, I have gained a better knowledge of the context and the details (such word is used as a verb in the game, and such is used as a noun, for instance). As of yet, I reviewed almost half of the strings, but it's taking time, since the game has more strings than the main site itself ! I left comments where I deemed it necessary, but it was unrealistic to comment each and every one of my revisions. I'll try and complete that as soon as possible so that the admin team can eventually validate. If you have any questions, comments, or better translations to suggest (it's not always obvious, what with idoims and some words having no direct translation), do not hesitate !
J-Effe IV

Re: Remember When - french translation

Post by J-Effe IV »

English follows.

Terminé. À nouveau, j'ai laissé des commentaires où je le jugeais le plus nécessaire. Plusieurs traductions déjà validées vont toutefois avoir besoin d'être retouchées.

Done. Again, I left comments where I deemed it necessary. However, several translations that have already been validated will need to be corrected.
FourGiving

Post by FourGiving »

Hey J,

I confess that a lot of the "techno" talk goes over my head, but I want to give you a heartfelt thank you for all the work you have put into this so far. We would be delighted if a foreign language publisher wanted to pick the game up, but I am concerned how well it would translate, especially with masculine and feminine in such languages as French and Spanish (German too?). English seems easier in that regard, but then again it is my native language. And as you say elsewhere, the positioning of the cards might need to change also.

Anyway, if the changes you have already implemented make the current game easier for non-English speakers to play, its already a win in my book. Thanks again for all your support. Hope to see you in game soon.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

61 pages - I am impressed!

I started to take a look at the English but then decided it would be a bit of a spoiler for me. :P

(But this does make me think - the rules summaries always say to feel free to edit the Wiki, but many, like this one, don't actually let you. Anyone know why? But since I can't, could someone at least make one correction that is driving me nuts: 3rd paragraph, 1st sentence is "its 4 sides" not "it's" - the apostrophe doesn't belong and that very common error makes me crazy. :mrgreen: )
Een

Post by Een »

Liallan wrote: (But this does make me think - the rules summaries always say to feel free to edit the Wiki, but many, like this one, don't actually let you. Anyone know why? But since I can't, could someone at least make one correction that is driving me nuts: 3rd paragraph, 1st sentence is "its 4 sides" not "it's" - the apostrophe doesn't belong and that very common error makes me crazy. :mrgreen: )
Hi Liallan, I fixed that in the wiki page for Remember When, but checked it with your account and I was able to edit the wiki, so not sure why you couldn't (on the game page, I clicked on the "edit it" link from the sentence "This page comes from BGA wiki, and has been written by BGA players community. Feel free to edit it!", landed on the appropriate wiki page, then clicked the "Edit" tab).
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Een wrote:
Liallan wrote: (But this does make me think - the rules summaries always say to feel free to edit the Wiki, but many, like this one, don't actually let you. Anyone know why? But since I can't, could someone at least make one correction that is driving me nuts: 3rd paragraph, 1st sentence is "its 4 sides" not "it's" - the apostrophe doesn't belong and that very common error makes me crazy. :mrgreen: )
Hi Liallan, I fixed that in the wiki page for Remember When, but checked it with your account and I was able to edit the wiki, so not sure why you couldn't (on the game page, I clicked on the "edit it" link from the sentence "This page comes from BGA wiki, and has been written by BGA players community. Feel free to edit it!", landed on the appropriate wiki page, then clicked the "Edit" tab).
It's taking me to the Wiki but I'm not seeing an Edit tab. I did do a couple of edits on one game so I know it can work, but most of the time it doesn't. But it's not like I really need anything else to do. LOL.

But thanks for the fix - that was making me itchy. :D

Return to “Français - fr”